Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We ALSO fished there today!
Went up to East Canyon today too with my pop who is visiting from Michigan. We decided to fish from shore (something I rarely do anymore) between Taylor Hollow and the fee area near the resort. We did not get our lines wet until 11 am. FYI, Taylor Hollow was quite crowded, but few people were near us. The water was stained and worse the closer you got to the inlet, but definitely fishable. We ended up whacking our limits between 11am and 2pm. Had I found my treble hooks sooner, we probably would've had our 8 troutskis in only 1.5-2 hours! Hot bait was good ol' rainbow Powerbait. Also caught some on red, and chartreuse too. I also hooked a few on crawlers and a small firetiger countdown Rapala. We noticed that we had our best success with very small baits. These fish are notorious bait-stealers at this lake, so large worms or gobs of powerbait would often get nibbled without a hookup. So just barely cover your hook with Powerbait. Something else I noticed.... fish very close to shore early and work further out as the day progresses. Early on our best success was only 25-30 ft. off the bank. As it got brighter and warmer, we put our baits a little deeper as the fish moved offshore. This trip, all fish were holdover planters. No size to speak of, but they sure did taste good after I smoked them tonight! I don't think that the boat fishers had any advantage over the bankers on this day!
[signature]