Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote troll???
just wondering how many of you guys have a remote troll and are they worth the $$$ I just purchased a new boat and a kicker and was wondering about getting one but dont know if i want to fork out 650$$ Thanks M.H.
[signature]
hello muskyhunter, I have a panther remote troll that is the gear driven not the cable one. I love it it is nice to sit anywhere in the boat and stear the kicker motor. Expecially if it is inclement weather outside I just sit under my front cover nice and dry. Also I would recomend the remote speed control also. Same reason.[Wink]

Bodine
[signature]
I have the exact same setup as bodine11 and concur with his post. I had a remote troll on a previous boat and like the panther a lot more. If you do get a panther, put some heatshrink over the two quick connect joints to reduce any rattle you may experience in them.
[signature]
I would never never never own a boat without remote troll.

I would never own a boat without remote troll!!!!
[signature]
Thats a fine idea about the heat shrink all I done was tie two small pieces of cloth to the connect joints. Thanks for the info.

Bodine
[signature]
I have the cable driven one and I've been happy with it. I've been using it for several years. However, at times I've thought that I would be just as happy with a linkage to my main so I could steer the boat with the steering wheel when using the kicker.
[signature]
I have the remote troll unit on my four winns. i luv it! I would not want a goat without it.[Wink] <><
[signature]
I had the cable one on a previous boat I owned and it worked fine but I do alot of fishing in sub freezing temps and the cables would ice up and slip. This was the only problem I had with these.

Bodine
[signature]
I had the same problem with the cable one, 15 degrees at the Gorge with a little splash and it was over. I also got a nick in the cable that caused a big bunch of headache.
[signature]
Who carries the Panther unit around here? Looks pretty cool from what I can see.
[signature]
[#008080][size 3]I have the Remote Troll unit. [/size][/#008080]
[#008080][size 3][/size][/#008080]
[#008080][size 3]It has been pretty much maintenance free, although last year I upgraded to the new cable and switch assembly. [/size][/#008080]
[#008080][size 3]The new models are far superior to the older models like I have. [/size][/#008080]
[#008080][size 3]The cable drive has been replaced by a piston, or ram type drive. The frame assembly is also heavier.[/size][/#008080]
[#008080][size 3]I couldn't imagine having a boat without a Remote Troll though, it's just too convienient to use one.[/size][/#008080]
[signature]
Thanks a bunch for all the input. I will let you know when and which one I go with,thanks again.M.H.
[signature]
Just google it and order it off the net. Mine came installed on the boat when I bought it new at Precision Marine in Idaho Falls.
[signature]
That's kinda what I figured I'd do, but there aren't a lot of details or pictures available online, so I'd like to look at one to see how it would work for me first.
[signature]
here is a picture of one hope it works.

[Image: 550100l.jpg]

it comes with all the mounting hardware and sits directly in front of the kicker motor and you bend the rod the way you need it and attatch it to the handle of kicker motor.
[signature]
So I'm guessing it would attach to my swim deck, since that's where my kicker's mounted? Are they waterproof?

Just as an fyi, Cabela's has the troll daddy on sale for 499.
[signature]
Heres the link: www.panthermarineproducts.com
[signature]
I don't know if they are submursible but I've had mine in very hard rain and snow storm.
[signature]
Very cool. Thanks for the info. I'll do some more research on it.
[signature]
Here's the best picture I could find on the way I have it mounted on my boat just zoom in on it if you can and you'll see how its set up. Hope this helps.

bodine
[signature]