Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake report
We hit the big Bear today 0800,BLM and his crew pulled in just before we unloaded lots of icebergs in the marina on our way out headed for the rockpile and about half way down there was a sheet of ice about 300yd by 1/2 mile it could have been ugly in the dark!! We started jiggin just of the pile in 75' hooked up a couple pup macks After a while we headed for the east side trolled from south eden up to Rainbow Cove 35-80' cought six cutts the biggest going about 4# ended up jiggin 85' of Cisco beach and cought 2 more pups . great day on the water and the new boat worked out well,water temp was 34-37 and the marina was clear of ice when we loaded up at 4! hope rich and gang had some luck? M.H.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report MH, bet it was good to get the boat on the Bear again[cool]. I'll have to wait another next week[unsure], I hope we can get into a few. Did you see many boats out there today?
[signature]
[Smile] Nice report. Any pics?
[signature]
WH2 there were 5 boats on the Cisco south eden side and 2 trucks and trailers in the Marina when we loaded one of them being BLMs. FC we tooks some pics but none post worthy. M.H.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ya, we ran into some ice too but it was pretty well broken up and I'd believe, from everything we saw, it should be pretty much clear now. I made sure when we hit the water when there was plenty of good daylight to see any ice.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We did a lot of screwin' around. Check out a lot of places, fished a few, broke in a new custom jig rod on an 8 lb mack, and sat at anchor when the wind came up and shot the bull. Just a good day to break the boat out of hibernation and give it a good shake down run.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]