Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bugs in fish
Has anyone besides me caught the fish in Deep Creek this year with little black bugs under the skin/inthe meat? What are they? And are they harmful?
[signature]
I ice fished Deep Creek three times in December and early January. I saw over 100 fish come out of the ice at Deep Creek this winter and several hundred others over the last few years. I have never seen any black spots on fish from Deep Creek that I can remember. I didn't bring any home to eat this winter and didn't take a really close look at most of the fish I caught. It is possible that I caught fish with these black spots and didn't notice it. Do you have any pictures of these fish?

Guest, thanks for the information. I hope you register a username and come back often.
[signature]
I have no pictures and if you didn't clean/filet these fish you wouldn't notice them. I checked the link of the previous reply and that appears to be what I've seen. This is something we have be seeing in the fish since last summer.
[signature]
If you check the Utah site you'll see they have reported fish with parasites from several different waters. You might give a holler over there and see what they thinik.
[signature]