Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toon Wheels
Toondude or anyone else that has the pics........Any chance that you have the pics of Johan's toon wheel mod still around? The pics don't show on the BFT website. I'm looking at my options and already have "scarfed" a front wheel and fork from a kids bike.

Thanks,
bigdaddyjohn
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Lucky you. I just happen to have saved those pics in a file, and will be adding them back into that post. They were evidently from a photobucket or computer site that was changed or shut down.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That is why we request that you attach your pics when posting, rather than just copy and paste. It is better for future viewing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hopefully you can get the info you need by looking at the pics and reading the original post.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Those pictures reflect a lot of thoughtful engineering and work. That's the best I've seen.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Because of the slick way it mounts on the seat, that could be made and sold to most anyone using pontoon boats. That seat is almost a standard for all manufacturers.[/size]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]We of the "floatation persuasion" look at something like this and say "Wow, that is a great idea." Naturally, we think that it would be a million dollar marketing thing. Sadly, there is only a very limited market for such stuff and most manufacturers hesitate to even tool up to make them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Like many of our little innovations, this is another idea that will probably remain a matter for personal fabrication.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are commercially made toon wheels, but they are usually sold as single items along with a bunch of other tricks and novelties. Virtually impossible for anyone to make money on a single item in this industry. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am finding the same thing with my Tubing book. Lots of folks think it is a great idea...for somebody else. But, no publisher sees the potential for more than a few copies being sold. And, no tube or toon manufacturer wants to throw any money at it either in the form of assistance with publishing or poid advertising. I may be forced to just put it on CD and peddle it cheap through the board to members who are masochistic enough to want to read it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Sad as it is Pat, you're right as rain. Items that are made for a specialized market, don't have a great deal of appeal to the general public.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I don't think that the information that you have gathered for your book/CD falls into that category. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Tube/toon fishing is becoming very popular, and as far as I know, there are relatively few publications available, and no CD's that I am aware of.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I'm sure that producing a CD would involve less risk than a book to put out on the market.[/size]
[size 3](what could be worse than ending up with a garage full of tubing text books?)[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I'm sure that with the time and work that you have put into this effort it would be successful with a little good marketing.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Put me down for a copy of either.[/size]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Gee, that means if I buy one I will sell two.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I wasn't bellyaching. I have options and I do want to produce something decent. I have a couple of ways to go that should at least allow me to get something out without it being a net drain on my finances. I have never looked at this project as a means of making a lot of money, but rather of being able to "download" all of the accumulated experience I have had in this sport. Not like inventing penicillin or radium, but there are a lot of folks who might enjoy reading my diatribe...and saving time and money in their own pursuit of the sport.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks for your encouraging remarks.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[black][size 3]In our area, most have found that a bigger wheel like a small bike is more usefull, like the one that Tube Dude has come up with on the foot bars of his. A lot of rocks to clear.[/size][/black]
[signature]