Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report 4/26/07
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I hooked up with Trophy Hunter (Mark) at O'Dark thirty, Wanting to be on the lake before Dawn. Well when we got to the Marina, the gates was still closed, I knew they'd be open by 6:00am, dowsing my goal to be on the lake by dawn. Well by 6:30 it finily opened. "My guess is they haven't changed to Day light savings time yet!" We headed to the "Old rock piles" 1st.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Marked some & got a few light nibbles, w/no hook up's. After a while we drove arround on a surch & find mission. Not much action there. After a while, we tried the New rock piles. Started marking right away. While I droped the anchor, while TH was hooking into the bite. With poll bending; Action.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[inline "TH's_1st_Mack.gif"]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Moments later, Mark had a nice Mack on board.[/size][/black][/font]
[inline TH_Smiles_With_1st_Mack.gif]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]It was Trophy Hunter's first ever Mack. As you can tell; he is one Happy BFT'r.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] We then hit another new rock pile, & it wasn't long before I was into the Poll bend & tug-o-war![/size][/font]
[inline "BC's_30+-inch_Mack.gif"]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I got lucky, and boated this nice 30" Bad Boy!! He wanted to play, before setteling down, I (we) needed the net to boat 'em. While trying to un-hook him, he flipped back into the pond, so I boated him again, while T.H. assisted on the netting, "Thank you Mark"! This time I un-hooked 'em in the boat.[/size][/black][/font]
[inline "1_Sweet_Mack._BC's.gif"]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Wow! That was sweet:: Nice sized 30" Bad Boy; weighing in at just under 9 lbs. Needless to say Big Blue & the Fish Gods, were having a good laugh, & smiling along with us today.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] Once again, a great morning on Big Blue. We left arround 1:00pm, had work to do, back on the ranch. "Were still smiling". [Smile] [Wink].[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] We had a[#ff0000] "Great" [/#ff0000][#000000]time![/#000000][/size][/font]
[signature]
Them are some good looking Bear Lake Macks!!![cool]
[signature]
nice fish BC
[signature]
Nice so most of them were caught jigging.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Yup! As for me. Thats my "Go-To" style for Mack fishing: "Jigging". [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] The water was 46.7 dgs today, and we had a steady breeze, making it very tough at times to control one's jig action, In fact, by noon we had white caps, and it was pushing, boat; anchor; & us all over the place. Making it tough to stay on the rocks. In fact our jigs got hooked into the anchor twice, while realing them up, as the boat was being blown about. [/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] Its all good: We just kept on fishing.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Good lookin' fish, how far of a drive is Bear Lake from SLC?
[signature]
[size 1][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Hey F4F:[/size][/black][/font] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Good lookin' fish, how far of a drive is Bear Lake from SLC? [/size]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Its a good 45 minutes from Logan to Bear Lake; And a tad bit longer if one's pulling a boat. So add that time frame to your SLC to Logan, and I'm guessing it 2 1/4 hrs+ on good roads. or Maby even longer. [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
sweat day with some great picks. thanx for sharing.
[signature]
Hey there Baitcaster, man you still have the magic touch.

AFDan52
[signature]
Nice Report and nice Fish Terry.
[signature]
Did TH do a snow angel???

Nice job guy's. Temps appear to be rising a bit, good to hear.
[signature]
Way to go BC looks like you guys had a great time. I was going to go out Saturday but my dad has to go in for a triple bypass so I'll be with him the next few days. Maybe Tuesday if everything goes well with the surgery.

Bodine
[signature]
Good luck with your dad on his surgery. My dad just had double by pass Wednesday and is doing well. Just cant keep a good man down.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey there [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=bodine11;"][font "Verdana"][#000000][size 1]bodine11 [/size][/#000000][/font][/url] Hoping everything goes well for your Fathers Triple bypass, [/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] Love seing you & that Fancy boat of yours; back out on big Blue. [/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Now thats a BIG 10-4 [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=AFDan52;"][font "Verdana"][#000000][size 1]AFDan52 [/size][/#000000][/font][/url]:
[size 1] Hey there Baitcaster, man you still have the magic touch.[/size][size 3] Thanks Dan, Yes; once again, there isn't nothing as great as a Good Poll Bend!![/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][size 1]Nice Report and nice Fish Terry. [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=RILEYFISH;"][#000000]RILEYFISH [/#000000][/url]
[/size]Thanks Mark: Wish you could have been along side, in your boat, doing the same thing![/size]
[size 3][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=fish1on;"][#000000][size 1]fish1on [/size][/#000000][/url]: [size 1]Did TH do a snow angel??? [/size][size 3][black]Pat O'l pal: No: TH wanted to, but I wouldn't let 'em, Thats Your Icon!! & no buddy does it like you do! He He.[/black]

[/size]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=RILEYFISH;"][#000000][size 1] [/size][/#000000][/url]

[/size][/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice looking fish guys. I would take either.
[signature]
Is there an easy way to identify the location of the new rock piles? I have the GPS coords, but always forget my GPS.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Bait_Caster, You never cease to amaze me. You and a few other guys on this board do know your way around Bear Lake and how to hook into nice fish. It is interesting that you caught him over the new rock piles. I was getting to think that those piles wern't going to be a productive as we had hopped. But looks like you and Mark found them. Also, a trip to Bear Lake in the spring isn't someting I would have thought of this time of year. That's pretty cool to get in a good day of fishing without skiers and be done by noon ta-boot! Nice report ... nice first mack Mark ... and BC, once again, nice fish.[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]