Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucky Peak 5-05
Hit Lucky Peak today, I think the cool weather and wind slowed things down a bit, boated 1 nice trout , but was targeting Kokanee...was nice to be up there tho with no skiers or jetskis.

Scott
[signature]
Any possibility to catch fish off the docks there at the merina or from the shore there at Lucky Peak?
[signature]
I would sure think ya could catch fish off the bank at Lucky Peak..I saw quite a few fisherman this weekend on the bank..prolly use the normal worms,powerbait, marhmallows etc., but some other guys/gals here may know more than me.

Scott
[signature]
Thanks I will have to try and get up there after work this week.
[signature]
I'm heading up to LP for Kokanee in the morning. Should be on the water by 9am. I'll post results! Dodgers, Koke Trolls, Humdingers, Apexes, Fishing with Gary systems, Kokaneemart setups, E-Chips, white scented shoepeg, etc. I'm going to try it all both flatlining and with my downriggers![Smile]
I'm in a Silver & Black Alumacraft 165 with Yamaha 60. Say hello if you see me. Launching out of Turner probably.
[signature]
General info if you're fishing from LP shorelines. Focus on the steeper rocky ledges. I've been all over that lake and my finder never shows fish along the gradual, sandy drops. Anywhere around the dam can be good. Better away from the docks because of the wakes, launch idiots, etc. To the far right of Springs Shores ramp can be good. (close to the opening to Mores Creek canyon) Up near Mack's Creek in the narrows. Don't bother with the gradual sloped, sandy areas wherever you try. [Smile]
[signature]
I haven't been this year, but I've had luck in previous years at Turner Bay(?) Its over the dam and the last of the boat ramps. Caught 'em on marshmellows and worms and under a bobber with a worm. Not real science but good results typically.
[signature]
LP report: Trolled today for 4 1/2 hours. Windy and chilly until around noon then gradually went blazing hot. Fishing was spotty. One 16" slender bow and two kokes; a fat 15"er and another fatty at 14". All three on beer can pop gear followed by snubbered rainbow and pink flourescent apexes tipped with scented shoepeg at 30 and 50 feet with downriggers. Saw some well defined red arches and marked them; then kept going back thru on a racetrack pattern. Still very slow fishing. All fish hit on the easterly leg. Lost three others; two of those on a lead core dodger/apex setup off the center rear of the boat. We launched at the nearest dam ramp (good launch) found the fish up in the narrows just before the nursery waterfall cove. Water temp near dam was 48 degrees and up in the narrows it was 54 degrees; surprising variation. Great trip but slow; hits were an hour apart or more.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Aluma165 !! I hope to head back up Friday after work or Saturday, I drive a Hewescraft Riverrunner with a Merc outboard, a Johnson kicker and baby downriggers (and hopefully soon a BFT sticker on the side window)...maybe I will see ya up there one of these days...I plan to hit Lucky Peak more than usual since gas is so dang high these days.

Scott
[signature]
Thanks for the tip, looks like I have somewhere to go this weekend.
[signature]