Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake powell stripies
Well the weather has finely warmed up if Ya'll haven't noticed! Finely got out again the first week in april. Went out on the lake to a place called chains. It is the boat stopage point for the dam. We tied up about 40 feet off the western side of the lake at about 9am. The water temp was 51 deg. and we were suspending anchoives between 20 and 40 feet along the edge of a shelf at 50 feet that drops off to 600 feet. We pulled in 15 fish over 4 hour ranging from 5 to 12 pounds. Not a great day but not a bad day eather. Reports from anglers that got to that location at 5am and had two ice chests full were that at sunrise around 5:30 it was fast and furious till around 7:00 then slowed to what we got to at 9am. While having a cold one at the windy I got to talking with one of the local guides who reported catches of over 100 fish being caught up in the far end of antalope canyon. It's saterday and I will be going out tomarrow for the largemouth spawn. Reports form the lake have been good so far and the smallie's have started to hit as well. Till next time, keep your lines wet
[signature]
not a bad day at all, my first day out yesterday was a blow out, today I didnt even get my line in the water, Had my hands full with a kids fishing derby. so full I got but only one photo the whole day...

the kids were fishing for trout mostly but were excited with any little tug on the line.
[signature]