Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 28,2007 Lake Mead
Hit the lake around sunrise. Went down to the Las Vegas Wash. But first let me inform EVERYONE!!! There is construction at the Las Vegas Marina Launch Ramp. Half of it is blocked off!!! When that is complete they will do the other side. I think I heard of a July 24 completion date. It was super busy today and people had very short fuses with the hot weather. Back to fishing around 7:30 am I found some shad on the south west end of the wash. If I was better with my cast net I would have caught more. But I had enough to fish with and some extra for the freezer. Fishing slow only a few 1 lbers. off the lake by 10:00 am.

Fresh shad
[inline "pic 1 4-28-07.jpg"]
[inline "pic 2 4-28-07.jpg"]

Stripercraze
[signature]
ya got me beat hands down, all I got yesterday was a boat full of water and blown around by the wind...

got me a new used boat, the guy I got it from detatched the transducer from the back of the boat and didnt put the bolt back in place when he disconected the cable mount. well little be known to me because I had taken the boat out before, I didnt expect any leaks. when I launced the boat it didnt leak, I didnt see the leak till I was half way across the lake and had to start bailing....LOL
[signature]
Looks like another great day on the water! Thanks for the heads up about the boat ramp. Sounds like a circus. Maybe I'll just sit back at the ramp and enjoy the show instead of fishing this weekend![Wink] Any surface activity?
BaySport
[signature]
I caught a few on the shad just floating around. I was south of the 33 hole area in the big cove before sand island. I did not catch any on top water lures yet and I did not see any boils either. The size of the Shad ranged between 3 & 6 inches long. They were not in great numbers yet. Here is a web site with info on all the ramps on Lake Mead.
[url "http://www.nps.gov/lame/launchramp.htm"][font "Arial"][#0000ff]http://www.nps.gov/lame/launchramp.htm[/#0000ff][/font][/url]
It took about 45 minutes saturday in line to get down to the water.

Stripercraze
[signature]

WOW! 45 minutes to get to the water! You think Hemenway would be better?
BaySport
[signature]
Hemenway is shallow. The Vegas launch is ok early. If you bring someone with is the best bet. Then you don't have to worry about the boat. Neither one has dock space at times and Vegas launch is easier to pull up onto the shore if I have to. Lets hope the finish ahead of schedule!

Stripercraze
[signature]
Took the dogs out for a walk at Las Vegas Wash Tuesday June 8. At dusk didn't see any surface activity in the wash or out in the channel.
[signature]