Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Mantua report for 4-31
Hooked up with a friend from work and left the ramp at 6:30 am. Weather was calm but a bit chilly. Headed to the trees and began to throw all kinds of lures. My friend caught almost 20 fish before i caught any. After i caught one, i caught 8 in about 45 minutes. The largest going about 2 1/2# for me and a whopping 6.8# behemoth for my friend!! He could not hardly talk as it was personal best for him. What a beautiful fish it was. We threw plastics and cranks mostly near the rocks. Left the water at about 5 pm. Had a great time.
[inline "Mantua monster 001.jpg"]
[inline "Mantua monster 002.jpg"]
[inline "Mantua monster 004.jpg"]
[inline "Mantua monster 007.jpg"]
[signature]
Nice fish! Glad you guys could get into them.
[signature]
Real nice! I'm jealous. I've fished Mantua a couple times and have never caught anything that big. Congrats.
[signature]
nice, i havent been up there in a couple years, looked like agoodday[Wink]
[signature]
Thats a nice utah bigmouth! I always heard Mantua had some big bass in it but I never got the chance to fish it. I was to busey chasing trout when I lived out there [cool]
[signature]
You guys give free lessons to a float tuber? [sly][sly][sly] Great report and great fish. Hope the big uns are still swimming out there. If not, hope they have some brothers and sisters.[Smile]
Leaky
All fish were released unharmed. Fishing with a pro basser i would have been swimming to the ramp if i had kept one. It was not a catch and keep day. It was a learning day for me.[cool]
[signature]
Any time Fred. We still need to hok up this summer.[Smile]
[signature]
Awesome bass we wanted to go up there to. We will try and go when it is warmer than it is right now. Keep BASSin it.
[signature]
I fish mantua alot, and have caught a few big mouth from the res. but nothing that big. Where exactly on the res. did you find him?
[signature]
That is one beautiful fish guys. I am glad to see they are there.
[signature]
In the rocks on the west side.[Wink]
[signature]