Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation ice off report
Hit Starvation yesterday for the first time. Was there scouting it out with my fathernlaw and his dad. Scouting it out for the Walleye bite that is and where to go. My fathernlaw has fished this pond for years in tournaments and for fun. It's going to be nice to have a free guide this year. The ice was pulling back in Rabbit Gulch pretty good. Just perfect enough to pitch jigs and rapalas. Gramps caught 2 nice browns and a one descent bow throwing gold jakes. My fathernlaw and I got skunked out. We then hit the river and me gramps got skunked and my fathernlaw got two browns and missed a couple others on a rapala. I pleaded with them both to let me throw some jigs on the Provo on the way home but no dice. Gramps had to get back for his b-day party. Oh well, maybe I will get out on the water today after the expo?
[signature]
Whats the chance of getting a boat on starvation next weekend?
[signature]
I would say go for it. The only thing keeping the ice on this weekend was no wind. As soon as the wind get whippin up there it will be all gone. I would call the state park in advance for sure. But the park ranger also thought that the ice would be gone by next weekend.
[signature]