Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walleye seminar tonight
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]As many of you know, RMA (Rocky Mt. Anglers) is putting on a free walleye seminar tonight:[/size][/font]

[url "http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/news/03-03/walleye.html"][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/news/03-03/walleye.html[/size][/font][/url][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2] [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I have never targeted walleye. I have caught about a half dozen only while targeting wipers. So I thought I'd go hear what they have to say. My favorite pond (Willard) has a bunch of eyes in there. I figure it's time to get serious about walleye.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey, free advice for someone who knows? I'm down for that.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Bait_Caster is riding down with me. Will I see any other Utah BFTers there?[/size][/font]
[signature]
I might be Ol' Coot
[signature]
i'll be seeing you there

aquaman
[signature]
I am unable to pull up the link, but interested on where this seminar is being held and what time?
[signature]
Dates, times and locations for the seminars are as follows:

Salt Lake City
March 18, 7 – 9 p.m.
Department of Natural Resources
Auditorium
1594 W. North Temple

Provo
March 27, 7 – 9 p.m.
Utah Lake State Park
4400 W. Center St.
(3 miles west from the I-15 Center St. exit)
[signature]
[#660000][size 4]Learn how to catch walleyes at free seminars[/size][/#660000]

Salt Lake City — Once again, Rocky Mountain Anglers is teaming up with the Division of Wildlife Resources to teach hundreds of Utah anglers about the ways of Utah's wily walleye at free seminars in Salt Lake City and Provo.

The Twelfth Annual Utah Walleye Seminar features top walleye anglers from Rocky Mountain Anglers and the DWR who regularly fish for walleyes in Utah and surrounding states. Anglers will learn about the best times of the year to catch walleyes (by the way, spring isn't one of them!) and hot lures and techniques, including trolling, rigging, jigs, crankbaits and live bait.

A representative from the Division of Wildlife Resources will be part of each panel.

"These are all local people who fish and manage local waters, including Starvation, Utah Lake, Willard Bay, Lake Powell and Yuba," says Ray Schelble of Rocky Mountain Anglers. "Instruction will benefit anglers of all skill levels, from beginner to advanced. Anglers will also receive a free booklet on Utah walleye fishing that includes maps of Utah's walleye lakes."

Dates, times and locations for the seminars are as follows:

Salt Lake City
March 18, 7 – 9 p.m.
Department of Natural Resources
Auditorium
1594 W. North Temple

Provo
March 27, 7 – 9 p.m.
Utah Lake State Park
4400 W. Center St.
(3 miles west from the I-15 Center St. exit)

For more information about the Salt Lake City seminar, call the DWR's Salt Lake City office at (801) 538-4700. For more information about the Provo seminar, call the DWR's Central Region office at (801) 491-5678.
[signature]
Definitely want to be there, going to try and get back from a water polo game I have to coach in Provo in time to get there. Should be good though.
[signature]
It is great info tell a friend and learnn about catching walleyes.
[signature]
Let's make it a BFT seminar. How many of you are going.
[signature]
I was unable to make it last night. Was it good?
[signature]
I went last night, and I learned a lot seeing as I didn't know that much about Walleye fishing before I walked in the doors. I would like to thank the Rocky Mountain Anglers for taking the time to educate fellow anglers on the techniques that they use at our local Res. and lakes. All the info that they offered will definitely make my summer a lot more productive and fun. So once again I would love to thank R.M.A. and Tom Pettingale for taking the time out of there lives to help educate others, I hope that in the future I will be fortunate to do the same.[Smile]

"I hope that I may always desire more than I can accomplish"
[signature]
THanks for making us aware of the seminar Old Coot, even though I showed up a half hour late, I learned a ton. I learned that most of the tackle I need to catch the eyes, I already have. I was a trout fisherman, and I had this other tackle box full of "junk". Well it now seems that that "junk box" is a gold mine. once again thanks!!!
[signature]