Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon Falls Creek Res perch report
My wife, Gloria, and I went out for a couple hours Friday evening, fished till dark, at the Backwaters. Caught 2 12"ers and many 7"ers. Caught around 20 in all kept 12. My wife had a blast and even broke and put on here own worm.

We cast off the point about 20' and had weight on the bottom with 1 jig about at 12" and the other at about 24". She had on 2 Gizits and I had on a r/w and a w tube jig. Didn't seem to matter to them except they did like to have either kind tipped with a worm.

Saw only 1 boat down the that was working the west shore mostly and another fellow with a fold up boat showed up to troll with a nightcrawler for walleye.

Heard there were some crappie being caught somewhere down there but we got hooked on the perch.

Sure was fun to seem my wife catchin fish! HEr goal was to beat me, how's that? She might have but I caught the 2 biggest[Wink]
[signature]
[Smile] Hey Mike, I thought that might be u wacking all my perch !!! Been a while since we crashed race cars together. Good to here from ya. You and family come down to Salmon Falls on June 15 for banquet dinner before Walleye tourney. And buy lots of raffle tickets as well. The money raised goes back into the lake thru variuos projects. Dinner is free as always: I'll be roasting around 100#s of beef again this year as were expecting around 260 people. Yes I know you might be a paddler but I can get you some good spots , I'll just tie you behind my 202 And you just hold on tight. Good to see ya again!!!! Kurt
[signature]
Wow a post from Kurt. And I thought you were just a "Lurker" on this site LOL!!! Make sure you don't give up any of your "Tourney Secrets" on BTF.
[signature]
[Wink] Hey you !!! have you even fished this season or just yapping about it ?? Got to fish Glendo with Ray and his new ride SO SWeeet you and I should go to boysen after our show and kick some butt with boards!!! Call me unless your stars don,t line up lol. Kurt
[signature]
[cool] So Kurt,did you and Ray kick some butt at Glendo in that new Ranger? We want to hear all about it. Was Team Schaffer there? I did get down to Willard and put the hurt on the Wipers for 4 days. We hammered em dude, nothing under 20", no Eyes tho, they did not want to play. So who you fishing S.F. tourney with? How many donaters you got entered so far? I heard the bite is on down there, any truth to that, or are you just starting rumors.

Mike[Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
Mike, sorry I wasn't able to post earlier about my trip to Starvation last week end but in a several days of fishing 2 of us boated probably 40 eyes with the fish running from 13 to 18 inches with a few nice perch thrown in as well. Not large but nice and fat. There were several larger eyes caught in the 4 to 5 lb. range that I heard of while we we there. We used 1/8 to 1/4 oz. jigs tipped with 1/2 crawler in 10 to 15 feet of water. We didn't get on the water until 7 AM and were off by 3 or 4 PM. Crankem (Shafer)has been fishing the Bay alot with out much success on the eyes. I met him coming back from Starvation and he was headed for Rockport to fish for "Slimers", give him some static the next time you see him about fishing for them. I'm headed back to Starvation on the 28th for a couple days of fishing again. I have to start scouting for my Moose that I drew my once in a life time tag for so I won't get as much fishing in this summer. Don't think I will Make my annual trip to Anderson Ranch this year but I hope you guys have a great summer on the Kokes, I'm sure they are going good by now.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][cool] We had a ball Mike. We caught a bunch of eyes when all around us notta. BUT maybe should have paid more attention at wiegh boat they never entered our 5 correctly the 1st time and wouldn't let us appeal it.LOL we had limits both days early and stayed on em but never got the hens we needed to place well. no the scheaffers never went up or even Rue this time. we lost out on the shootout by .08lb. cost us 250.00 when we would have beat em by at least one. on Sun. Ray and had a full bag by 10 with better fish but still not enough to place. Outa here Don and Barrys story about NTC Barrys sporting 22 stiches and a hangover and after all the bad crap ended they had a great bag on day3 and got DQed because a line was laying off the side of boat and dangling in the water. They said that there weight would maybe put them in top 30-35. Bummer man. Anyway at S.F. I'd fish with you if ya can get off your butt and come down. Patty will but she really do'nt care to in tourneys any more. the last couple of incidents [Starvation and Powell has her a bit spooked about being totally airborne in boats] Anyway let me know. the fishing is still day to day. Sat was good but roger never done well today i guess. That one Tough SOB I'll tell ya. He back at lake just hours after Chemo and Radiation. And Mike E. I'll be looking for ya Fri. Never new you to pass on dinner LOL.Jas callme so I can beg or better yet you and Lundlady enter. Patty will just have to wear a flack jacket. She's still kinda mad at me but I told her it was going to hurt!!!!!!! KC
[signature]
I forgot to sign in a few post back, came in as a guest, I will try to be there Fri, your'e right I don't miss many meals still. What time is it anyways?
[signature]
[Smile] Hi Pete: Good to hear you got into some Eyes at Starvation. I have not made it over to Anderson yet but it is on my list to do. Good luck on the Moose scouting this summer, hope you bag a big one this fall. Me and three other guys are going salmon fishing in Washington the first week of August, I'll let you know how that all turns out.

Mike [cool][cool]
[signature]
Did you ever connect with booking a moose hunt in Ontario?
[signature]
No, we have not made up our minds where we want to go for moose. We have been thinking maybe B.C. Canada or Alaska, hope to have a decision by this fall.
Mike [Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Hi Mike: Kurt wanted me to let you know dinner is at 6:00 P.M Friday June 15th out at Salmon Falls, he said to bring your family and should be a good time. Have fun. [Wink]

Mike J.
[signature]
thank you, I am hoping to be there.
[signature]