Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ODC 420 rod holder pics
Sorry for the quality of the pics, had to use my phone. Digital is MIA at the moment. Heading out to lost creek res tommorow, will post again when I get back.

Bean
[signature]
That is a different looking set up. Please let us know how it works.[cool]
[signature]
[reply]
That is a different looking set up. Please let us know how it works.[cool][/reply]

Phase 2 would be drilling a hole in that center bar to mount your Flat Screen Smile
[signature]
I am curious how that pipe going across the front is going to play.
Nice clean job however.
[signature]
Sorta brings to mind the trolling bar at the back of a downrigger boat.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Looks great. But, you might have forgotten something: Getting in and out of the craft.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Now there might be something that I can't see, but with the PVC bar and the "hard" stripping basket in front of the seat, can you get in and out?[/size]
[signature]
Third pic catches my eye...what are those "two levels" holding three rods?
[signature]
The middle bar that goes across the front just slips in the rod holders on the side, one side is larger than the other, so you put the large side in first, then it can swing around once in the tube and slips into the other side. The bar only sits a couple inches above the tube to it will be okay there, now the plastic top is still a work in progress though. I keeping thinking how to strap it in so once I am in the tube it will not be too difficult to latch the other side down. But we will wait and see tomorrow how it does once in the water, etc. I was catfishing the other day and had no place to set my poles as I was fishing the bottom, the just after landing one cat, I get another on my other rod almost dropping the one in the water. Now, I have plenty of places to keep that extra rod. Yes I do have a two pole permit, bought it mainly for ice fishing but what the hell, I use two poles everywhere I go now.

Bean
[signature]
Two levels? Not sure what you mean, but they are bungee strapped to the two grommets on the side and I have some underneath that they are attached to two keep it level. This was the first rod holder that got me and my buddy to make the angled rod holders on the front. Kept my poles straight up and down.

Bean
[signature]
I have the dish Tn2 can't afford one yet
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Shows some originality and creativity. As others have suggested, let's see how it performs over time, and what modifications (if any) you decide it needs.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The "stabilizer bar" across the front is an interesting idea. Most of the first open ended tubes had to have one of these to keep the two sides from collapsing in on the angler when he sat down. However, with the rigid foam seats, the need for the stabilizer bar has been reduced. But, there is still some squeezing, so the bar might help.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I can suggest that you consider angling your front rod holders slightly out to the sides...and notching the tubes for the reel seats. Otherwise, a strong or fast striking fish can haul your rods right out of the holder.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You may also want to think about raising the height on the tops of the side rod tubes. Not good to dunk rod handles in the water over a long period of time. Doesn't do the reels much good to get splashed or dunked either.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let us know when you make any changes...and why.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I just couldn't see paying for all those extra channels so I stayed with my basic cable subsription. They do sock me for the extra 10,000 feet of cable to use while tubing.[pirate]
[signature]