Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake -- another great day
Went to Bear Lake today with Bear Lake Mack. We both caught double figure numbers of mackinaws, with a couple cutthroats thrown in, but as usual, BLM caught the most and the largest (9 1/2 pound mackinaw). Great weather, cooperative fish, and great company.
[signature]
[center][Image: bl_3-21-03_1.jpg][/center][center]
[/center][center][Image: bl_3-21-03_2.jpg][/center][center]
[/center][center][Image: bl_3-21-03_3.jpg][/center][center]
[/center][center][Image: bl_3-21-03_4.jpg][/center][center]
[/center]
[signature]
Nice fish guys and it looks like it was a nice day. What area was the hot spot? WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We fished the same area you and I fished two weeks ago near Gus' Point in 85 - 87 ft of water. Light colored jigs proved to be the hot ticket . Fishing was good til around 2:00 pm and than the fish got tight lipped and you couldn't coax a bite. Up until that time it was pretty non-stop.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The weather was pretty good. The wind kicked up a couple times, once pulling the anchor up but other then that it was fine. Towards evening things smoothed out quite nicely.[/size][/font]
[signature]
those macks looked like they had catfish skin, do they or are they like most all trout?

good fish BLM and Kent
[signature]
I hit the bear saturday. Same story as you guys. Fish early, but nothing later. I will post the pic of the big one later. Wind sucked big time in the afternoon. Again proving that my anchoring techniques need improvment. All lakers for us, no cutts. Of course all fish were released. Most guys were trolling from what we could see.
[signature]
Dont worry about the blood, he wasnt hooked deep. He was hooked right in the corner of his mouth and just did a bit of bleeding but was in excellent health.

[url "http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/BASS8424/PageAlbumFishing+picsPageNumber2Pic13Fullview.htm"][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0468451.jpg][/url]

Its hard to tell from the pic, but he was very thick across the back. One of the thickest I have ever caught.
[signature]
I also hit the Bear on sat,with a diffrent outcome[Sad]!! It sucked for us[Sad]!! we jigged the rockpile for about 3hours and also trolled for a couple also,I had only 1 hookup all day but it broke me off after 20 seconds(it was a dandy!![pirate])I guess it just was not my day!! Nice pics from you 3,Hey Kent&BLM what color of boat were you guys in?I dont recall seeing you guys,we were in a 14 ft. cream color alum. but we never left the rockpile area!!"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
Hey musky hunter, I saw you there. You guys trolled past us. The tracker targa with two guys in it was me.

[url "http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/BASS8424/PageAlbumFishing+picsPageNumber2Pic11Fullview.htm"][Image: BASS8424CustomImage048107.jpg][/url]

BLM and Kent were there friday.
[signature]
Hey Predator,

That is one dandy mackinaw that you have there. How much did it weigh?
[signature]
Enough.

Seriously though, somehow I lost my scale. I quickly tore the boat apart looking for it but in the best interest of the fish gave up and released him without weighing him. I later found my scale in my tackle for ice fishing. I pulled it out of the boat for my ice trip to fish lake and it didnt get put back. Your guess is as good as mine.
[signature]