Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
[font "Times New Roman"][size 2]Can anyone tell me if there is still ice on East Canyon.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hi FW i read somewhere cant remember where for sure E.canyon is about 90% ice free with good fishing from the bank

aquaman
[signature]
I'm curious. How long does it take to get to East Canyon from Salt Lake. I've never driven there in the winter time. When you can't get to it from Parleys Way.

Thinking about going to East Canyon this Sunday.

Thanks
[signature]
From salt lake without going over the pass would take a good hour and a half. its a 40 minuted drive from Ogden. the pass usually opens around the end of march or april but with current weather condtions it looks like that will be pushed back a bit.
[signature]
I have gotten to east canyon going behind Jeramy Ranch as early as mid feb.

I think you could do it now.
[signature]
Hey, Fish Fear Me, Are you talking about the dirt road that heads back in from the golf coarse? Wouldn't that take 4WD to get thru the mud and/or snow banks? Just curious. I have been on that road a number of times, but never this time of year.
[signature]
I heard it was gated and lock so I've never tried it .
[signature]
I fished East Canyon yesterday morning from 8 till 10:30 got a few good hard bites at first but didn't hookup with any cause I had trouble with my reel[Sad]My dad also had a lot of bites but his pole is too flexible to set the hook very good and around 9:30 the fish quit biting.
[signature]
now thats one i never heard!

sm
[signature]
Hey Bryan, I have not been up there for about 2 or 3 years. I dont rember there being a gate but I do know the last time I was up there was in the second week of march. The road was not bad (rutty) but it was muddy and a little bit of snow. But I was able to get though it in my mustang. As for now I dont know I can imagine abunch of kids going up there and ripping the road up so it could be bad but like I said, Last time I was up there it was ok.
[signature]
Well, I am no authority on the road either, it has likely been at least two years since I have been there, and like I said, it has always been summer months. However, I don't remember there ever being a gate.
[signature]