Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 6-15-07
Fishing was real good.

Took my oldest and my brother inlaw and his oldest out. We let the kids get into the bluegill and perch.

It is a glorious day!! My oldest daughter wanted to unhook her own fish, one more step to adulthood [laugh][laugh]. I taught her about the spines and how to do it and she was taking care of herself. She tried to bait her own hook but was not confident. That is ok. Next time out I will have her taking care of that too.

I got a bit of video and will post it soon.

Now on to the bass. I caught a few decent bass 1-2 pounds, and released them all. They were slamming my white jigs. It was some great fun. Didn't pay attention to the fish finder or much else so no temps or any of that info. Just great fun with the kids.
[signature]
I like that report John, always good to get out with the kids and teach them the finer points of fishing, of course catching a few fish is nice[Wink].
[signature]
[cool]Nice report! I was going to take my kids up there Saturday night, but they both got pretty sick. Nothing like being a single dad taking care of two sick kids under the age of four all weekend! Oh well, still good to spend time with them...next time we will hit the lake...
[signature]
Hey thanks for the report. My wife and I are headed to Mantua tomorrow morning. Do you remember what parts or side of the lake the fish were most active on. I would like to get her into some fish fairly quickly. We will be fishing from shore so any help would be very appreciated.

MantuaFanatic
[signature]
I fished it for an hour in between things-to-do and did very good. I threw a crawler on a hook under a bobber and caught some nice gills. I also caught 2 12" LMB with a 7" black worm fished texas style. West dike by the ramp and to the north about 200 yds.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up. I'll let you know how it goes for us tomorrow.
[signature]
We were in a boat on the south end about as far into the weeds as I felt comfortable. I am not real sure where is the best from the shore but there were a few folks on the beach area south of the ramp.
[signature]