Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BaySport on the Bay!
Tuesday, 06/19/07- Began my annual San Francisco Bay fishing trip today. Despite 25 mph winds, rough water, and cold temps my nephew Keith and I managed to scrape a few fish up. Keith owns a 22' Cortez built by Davis Boats. [url "http://www.davisboats.com/"]www.davisboats.com[/url]

[inline 100_0258.jpg]

Keith enjoys 60 degree weather while fishing for Halibut. Golden Gate Bridge in background.

[inline 100_0259.jpg]

San Francisco seen from the water.

[inline 100_0257_edited.jpg]

A nice 15 pound halibut. These fish make great tablefare! The daily limit is three, at least 22 inches.

I get to do this for the next 5 days!
BaySport
[signature]
Great report. You should try to make your way down south towards S.D. You can take boats down to the Coronado Islands to hook up with some Yellowtails. Or just drive down to Ensenada, which is about an hour and a half from the U.S./Mexico border. Fishing is starting to pick up with warmer temps.

But frankly, I'd rather be at Mead for a week on a nice houseboat. Eating, sleeping and fishing...repeat cycle for 7 days. Can't wait till October.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
Hello BaySport,

Great Pictures. I have never fished out there. Were you jigging or trolling? Hope the bite keeps up for the rest of your trip.[Smile] Sometimes the fishing is better in the wind. It was 108 degrees in Vegas today!! Cant wait to see the reports from the rest of your trip.

Stripercraze
[signature]
Thanks, we were bouncing live anchovies off the bottom.
BaySport
[signature]
Your Right, fishing San Francisco Bay can be dangerous. Large waves, strong winds, fast currents, cold water, and heavy traffic, all combine to make an accident possible. I only go out there with guys that have the experence and equipment to stay safe.
BaySport
[signature]
God I miss the fog!

thanks for the report.
[signature]
Nice Catch!

I went to Dana Point, CA last weekend myself and was lucky to catch some giant squid...
[signature]
I meant a dangerous ride to Sandiego from SF.
[signature]
i love dana point. its my favorite kayaking spot. Its good to see that the squid are still being caught. good job!
[signature]
So do you eat the squid? I watched a real cool iMax about marine life. Squids are fascinating, especially the way they attack!
[signature]
it is still in the freezer lol, but I will try to make fried calamari one day Smile
[signature]
Nice report BaySport. Nice Flattie too. I love catching those in SoCal where I live.

Do you live in the Bay Area or just visiting??[cool]
[signature]
How deep were you guys fishing for the Giant Squid?? When I first head that they were around I decided to fish for them.

In the last 2 months I have managed only 1 Giant Squid in about 800ft of water. On the other hand, I have found tons of Humbolt Squid in 0-400 ft of water.

I guess the reports are confusing though because Humbolts don't get over 6 feet long whereas the Giant Squid are generally 12 feet + lengthwise by the time they are in fishable waters.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and pics, Vlad. I love fishing out of Dana Point...although I have to admit that it has been a while. Now let's hope the yellowtails come into the local waters in the next month or sooner.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]