Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delta Report
[left][font "Arial"][size 3]No reports in a while so I figured I would let everyone know whats been up. Spent the last week at the Sportsman Show. Very slow show overall. Not the volume of traffic I wanted to see. I did get to see old friends and also meet some new people.

I also fished on Thursday and Friday! Perfect conditions on both days. I had a father and son from Oklahoma and a father and son from Minnesota on Thursday. To say the redfish went wild would be an understatement! It was insane action at times! All four rods bent double! And the good thing was that they were all slot fish. Only a few were over 27", with most in the 24" size slot. PERFECT size for a nice fight and a slab on the grill.

Speeking of a slab on the grill, thats exactly what we had when we got back! Tom from Minn. Asked if we had a grill at the Marina. I wasnt real sure, but he soon found one. The staff at Venice Marina were more than happy to lend its use. WHile I was cleaning up fish, my nostrils were saturated with the smell of grilled redfish! Got done with my chores and had a bite. NOT BAD FOR A GUY FROM MINNESOTTA! Couldnt have done a better job myself!

Friday came with North winds and post front conditions. Not ideal conditions by any means. We made it work though and my one man team from Oklahoma had a ball. It was pleasure to fish Mr. Conrad. He was laid back and told me that just being on the water and experiencing the beauty was enough! Caught and couple reds and trout and he siad lets go! Easy day for me, but satisfying for my client more importantly.

For the last week or so the trout bite has been off. It is however showing signs of coming bac to life. I got several good reports form downriver this week. The river is falling and temps are rising! This could only mean one thing, TROPHY TROUT SEASON IN VENICE!!! April is typically the month when it all kicks off. Last year our first 8lbs fish came on March 27. If the river keeps falling and the sun keeps shinning you can look for a 9lber or maybe even that elusive double digit trout to be caught by my boat! It could be you! Give yourself a REEL SHOT at the fishign trip of a lifetime, book a trip with REEL SHOT GUIDE SERVICE. 985-969-0810[/size][/font][/left]
[signature]