Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/25
Hit Willard with LH2 on Monday with hopes of running into a boil or two. Launched at the South Marina and cruised around awhile to see if we could find any. Nope.

We decided to start trolling to see if we could get a couple wipers or eyes. Within 5 minutes I had a hard strike and fish on for a moment, but it came ooff before I could even get the rod out of the holder. We trolled past the island and I hooked up again, but this time I brought in a decent 14" walleyes. Woohoo! Finally got an eye over 10"! Continued trolling around for another hour without anything. We swung past the island again and LH2 hooked into a nice 18" kitty. Good deal. We continued making passes by the island, and LH2 scored a nice 17" eye and another decent kitty, and I landed another 15" walleye.

By this time the wind started to kick up, and it was making things hard. We did see one boil, and got to it, but the fish scattered before we hooked into any of them. We tried drifting jigs for 45 minutes or so, but we missed a few bites and we called it a day. The wind was really whipping by this time.

It was nice to get out with Brody as usual. He has pics on his camera, so hopefully he'll post them when he gets a chance.

[cool]
[signature]
I'll get them up this afternoon along with "last night's trip"![Wink]
[signature]
Are you gonna break my heart with "last nights trip" report?!?!? Better not have been boils galore!
[signature]