Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 4th
Well, the fact that I didn't get to play with you Kitty Hunters Tuesday, and the fact my band didn't have to perform this year, and the fact that it was going to be 100+ today, we got up at 6:00 and headed East.
Got up to Mirror Lake about 7:15 and we were the only car in the parking lot (except a friend of Mojo that we were meeting there). Unloaded the H3's
It was about 48 degrees outside temp. But warmed up fast.
Just a beautiful day with temps hitting about 78 when we left at 1:00.
I had a GRAND SLAM day for Mirror. A bunch of Brookies, Rainbows and Albinos.
For those of you who have never been to the Uinta's it is 10,000+ ft elevation and Pine tree and Quakies all over, plus hundreds of small lakes. The fish are not HUGE, but with light gear a blast.
[inline "Mirror Lake 400 1.jpg"]

[inline "Mirror Lake 400 2.jpg"]

[inline "Mirror Lake 400 6.jpg"]

by noon the parking lot was FULL, infact people parked it the dumbest places if you know what I mean. And the lake started to fill up with rubber rafts, and canoes plus a regular boat that they had put an electric motor (no gas motors allowed). That one was a first that I have seen......[crazy]
The drive home however was fantastic. Here is the Upper Provo Falls:

[inline "Mirror Lake 400 5.jpg"]

And we even got to meet a TV star....BullWinkle:

[inline "Mirror Lake 400 3.jpg"]

Word of warning, this warm weather has pushed the deer down and they are all over so please be careful if you head for the mountains.
[signature]
Way to go Sis. I'm sure that you and Mojo had a wonderful time. It's good to see that the fish are still biting on the Upper Provo.[cool]
[signature]
Hey si s,

Said it before.. say it again.. I is envious.. [Wink]

Great story.. great pics... love the moose shot....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you were able to "Get out of Dodge" for some cooler temps and some fly flingin' for purty fishies. When you are surrounded by such wonders of nature the fish do not have to be big to complete the total experience. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I used to put on a heavy pack and trudge for a couple of days to get back into the far reaches of California's Sierras. I deliberately left the main trails and camped on little lakes that saw only a few humans each year, just to get away from it all. The small goldens and brookies I caught seldom reached 12 inches, but they were all like little jewels. Nothing prettier than wild trout from high altitude lakes and streams.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good report and nice pics. Thanks for sharing. We missed ya at the kitty fest, but there will be other times and places...and we would always welcome your presence. It ain't just a boys' club, ya know.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Great pics FG, I am glad to here there is a place that the temps are not saying 100 near by. You have some great little fish there.
[signature]

JEALOUS spent most of last week at Whitney. Thought about coming down to mirror but stayed a whitney and beaver. Looks like fun Mirror is my all time favorite place. If it means anything to ya the fish at whitney were nice fish not Idaho fish but nice.
[signature]
forgot to ask before.. you saw bullWinkle.. any sign of Rocky????
[sly][sly]

MacFly[cool]
[signature]
Funny you asked. We say two squirrels sitting in the road and try to run off when a car came, but they were so FAT it was funny. More of a woddle, but they got out of the way! One could have been Rocky.
[signature]
if he had to waddle was probably one of his... "slower" relatives..... [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]