Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 7/7
Fished Willard last night from 6:00 t0 10:30 with my son-in-law. The wind was pretty bad when we got there. We debated whether to even launch the boat. But decided to anyway. The wind finally died around sunset. We trolled toward the island, then toward the pig farm, then back to the south marina, then out to the island again and back to the Marina. I caught one wiper about 18" on the first pass at the island and we each had a bite while heading in to the the marina at the end. We didn't see any sign of boils. Oh, right after I caught the wiper I had one other bite and reeled in a couple of carp scales.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Thanks for the report Kunz. I had plans of taking my grand kids out too last night but the wind told me differnt. My experience has been that a wind like that kind of shuts of the boils as well as the under water bite. Glad that you were able to pick one up anyway.[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I hope to find a boil or two this week, so the W better cooperate. [angelic]
[signature]
The wind wasn't blowing when we left home or we probably would not have gone. Almost turned around when we hit the wind at N. Salt Lake.
[signature]