Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't go to EC
Well, don't go to East Canyon. The action is too fast. If you happen to ignore this advice, then at least don't throw any 1/8 oz red jigheads with Maniac cutterbugs because it won't bag hardly any fish! What I would really recommend against is any top water fishing. This simply isn't working, especially the zara spooks is shallow coves. The fish just won't hit my spook the instant it hits the water. The hits don't come in the form of a giant splash and the fish gaining 1 foot of vertical out of the water either. They're all tiny fish up there too. I think all the 2+ lbers have been removed by the dwr.

Oh, and the power squadron too! My tube would sit motionless because no considerate boaters would buzz me to cause wakes and push me along. There were so few people out there that I had to listen to nature and peace and quiet! Echh!

Yea, it's pretty rough up there at EC right now as my pics will attest to.[Tongue]
[signature]
I was thinking about not going there Friday.
[signature]
I hear you loud and clear, I absolutly hate that place to.[Tongue]
[signature]
Hartz great non-reoprt of the COLD EC .. hehe
[signature]
Sweet report Jeff.

Are you getting any on jigs? [cool]
[signature]
Jigs working okay out there, but went out again last night and fished a split shot style rig with a cutterbug and this was the ticket! I was nailing 'em prior to the front that came in and blew me off the water.[pirate] Getting at least a bump on every cast. That slower and more finesse type presentation (rather than a faster/heavier jig) was the key last night.[Wink]

Still a little topwater action going on, but that split shot rig was working really well so stuck with that.
[signature]
Yeah- I hate EC there is nothing but planter rainbows in there, nothing worth catching unless you like to use rainbow powerbait[Wink]!
[Wink]
Thanks for confirming my feelings!
[signature]
We need to get up there!

Have you tried throwing poppers on the flyrod at all??? I bet that would be awesome! [cool]
[signature]
Wow, didn't even think about that.... That would be fun. Wait let me rephrase. That WILL be fun![cool]

Shoot me a pm and lets plan on getting up there then for flyrod poppers. Or else I'll probably be there early Saturday Mornin'.
[signature]
[reply]
Sweet report Jeff.

Are you getting any on jigs? [cool] [/reply]
just out of curiousity what does a trout guy consider to be a jig?
[signature]
That is a great post. Informative, entertaining, very nice. Good on ya'.
[signature]
cool....I might not have to go there either. Thanks
[signature]
Nice work!