Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report 07/15/07
We have been hearing all the reports about boils in the evening for over a month now, so we were out there Sunday, we launched around 7pm. As we were waiting to launch, a guy that was loading his boat told us about catching so many wipers from boils that his arm was sore. We headed down the North dike and ran into a good boil near the light pole. We caught 7 before it ended then started trolling in the same area and caught two more before dark. One other boat got into the action with us but it ended all too soon. The birds were diving and we could see the shad that they were eating were only two or maybe three inches long. It was nice to be out there and for once get in on the action from the boils but it ended all to soon. It would be nice to get into a longer boil but I guess I'll have to wait for the next time. Thanks Reelfast another fun evening on the bay, I'm sure glad we finally go into them, I was starting to have my doubts about hitting one before it's all over. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Thanks much for the report there WH2. I was just getting ready to post a post asking if anyone had seen any boils lately. I'm thinking about hitting Willard tonight before the boils start to fade much more. Did you happen to note how hot the water was?[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
The water temp was 86*, the same as it was for you last week, if I'm not mistaken. Good luck if you make it out there, should be fun if you find those active fish.
[signature]
What were you using?
[signature]
We were casting curly tail jigs/grubs, 3/8 oz silver castmaster and silver rattle traps. All three of us had something different on.
[signature]