Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 7/18/07
Took my daughter up to Mantua on Wed.Fished from daybreak until 8:30.Bluegill and perch fishing was fast and furious on Berkeley Gulp jiggin' grubs. No extra bait was used. Out of 60 or so,kept 15 nice bluegill for the frying pan.90% were hand size and bigger.Area fished was approx.half way between the dock and the point in 18' of water.Never anchored so when we drifted into less than 10', they would stop biting.At one point, there were hundeds of bluegill on the surface boiling like wipers!That was a blast casting into that.The weather was great with just an occasional breeze.Got home in time to clean the fish and then watch my boy win his quarterfinal tennis match in the local Ogden tounament.All in all, a great day[Smile]
[signature]
I was also there on Wed. but in the evening, 6:15-9:30. I took one of my daughters and her friend and her Dad. The kids had a blast catching gills, perch, and bass. I just liked sitting in the boat and throwing the occasional jig.

That was about the most relaxing day I've had in awhile.
[signature]
That's pretty much been my routine also.I get as much or more enjoyment watching the kids catch fish than I do.
[signature]