Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead shorefishing
[cool]Went out friday afternoon to walk the shoreline east of hemenway harbor cause it was too windy launch the tube. After 3/4 mile hike I finally hookup on a 1.5lb largemouth on a 4" pearl storm bait. He was followed by five of his friends. I stayed in the area and got one of his friends also on the storm bait. The heat was finally getting too much so I headed back. With the water so low you can see all kinds of stuff. I saw three anchors.one outboard, one 26' boat hull and four folding chairs. As a side note I find it very disturbing that some of our fellow fisherman leave all their garbage scattered in the area they are fishing. Have some respect for the environment and pack out what you pack in. Sorry... I had to vent.
[signature]
i agree about the trash. everytime i go out i take an extra garbage bag and pick up beet bottles, snackfood bags, and such in whatever area i fish. its disgusting how much crap people will leave behind.
[signature]
Went out Friday morning. Wind picked up pretty good and made fishing tough. [inline 100_0397.jpg] One of five fish caught jigging. Wet and wild ride home! Looks like Thunder Storms this week [Sad]. BaySport [signature]
[signature]
Hey BigE,

Sounds like you had a good fishing trip. I agree with you on the garbage but I get the sense that most of the garbage is being left behind by recreational boaters and jet skiiers. Fishermen typically have a greater appreciation for the clean water and nature so I believe most fishermen will actually pick up after themselves as well as others. One of the advantage of taking out a houseboat is that we're provided with plenty of large garbage bags and two large trashcans. My rule of thumb is leave the lake and shore in better condition than when I got there. To borrow the motto of the U.S. Rangers/Forest Rangers...."No garbage is left behind."

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
If the children are capable go at night. Then possible to fish the south edge of Calville Bay or the rocky points on the north side of Saddle Island. Get there at dusk.
[signature]
There are also fishing ponds at sunset park and floyd lamb park and boulder city there is a fishing pond.

Stripercraze
[signature]
Welcome to the board. If you look at the most recent threads, there is some discussion about fishing off Hole 33, Upper and Lower Gov't Wash. There apparently is great fishing off Hole 33, and you can walk there from a nearby parking lot. I believe I posted a satellite image from googleearth.com that shows Hole 33 and the nearby parking lot. To get to either Upper or Lower Gov't Wash, you're going to have to drive on a dirt road. I believe it's pretty accessible but I'll defer to the others on this board. I have never driven on those roads, however, while cruising on the lake, I have seen many cars parked right along the shoreline, which is very convenient.

Like reellittlephish, I highly recommend that you fish in the evening hours and through the night. You don't want to be on the shoreline during the day because of the blistering sun. Good luck!

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
Unfortunately, I don't know how to get there by car. However, if I was to guess I believe you would take the same road that takes you to Lake Mead Marina. If you can, take a look at googleearth.com. You can see the middle parking lot we're referring to. Then follow that road until you get to the main highway. I'm pretty sure you have to take Highway 93 or 95 (to Hoover Dam) to get there. I just don't know where the exact turn-off is.

I believe some of the other fellas on this board can help you out though. Good luck!
[signature]
Sign for Hole 33 is about 4 miles SE of the entrance Kiosk access from Lake Mead Blvd., Henderson.

You also might consider Kingman Wash. Get there by crossing Hoover Dam and taking the first left hand turn, after you crest the hill, on the Arizona side. Drive right to the water and not so much traffic. Possible to fish from the rocky shore.
[signature]