Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 27 july
Fished EC yesterday man there are a lot fish (small fish) with work we found some 10"+ not to many places didn't hold fish.

Must of boat 50 fish between the three of us, fished from 845 till 215 or so. We fish from the dam east around the lake stopping at points that caught my eye to about half way down the south side. The fishing was almost fast once a found the right bait and techinque.

But the fun is over now the nephew is going home today no excues to fish three days in a row I have to do responsible stuff like yard work and clean the garage [unsure]
[signature]
Nice report DC, if all those little bass get bigger over the next few years there should be a lot of nice fish in that lake. I've got a question, you said, "[size 1]I have to do responsible stuff like yard work and clean the garage", [/size][black]why do you think you have to do the responsible stuff instead of fishing? I try and do both, yard work and the responsible stuff during the week and fishing at least one day during the weekend. It doesn't always work out[unsure] but that is what I shoot for. Just my two cents, for what it's worth. Thanks for posting your report. WH2[/black]
[black][/black]
[signature]
Yes they could have a chance to get big if people would quite keeping them....
[signature]
It was was mostly in fun and some true to it. I fished 4 days last week mon, wed, thurs and fri. ( I got away with that because of the nephew) Going to the gorge friday won't be home till monday. I work 12 hour days so when I work very little yard or work around the house gets done. My next few days off need to be used to catch up around the house and pack for next trip out [sly]. But hey I like the way you think! [cool]
Thanks for the tip on the gas! Hope to see you on a pond sometime.
[signature]
I don't know BR maybe if there keeping only the big ones but I have never seen so many fish (maybe because the water is so clear I don't know) mostly very small if some are not harvested they will stunt anyway.
[signature]
You talk like a dummy, and I don't think you are....

Now think if all the big fish are taken out what is left?????

In all the lakes all over the US none can stunt on there own or will stunt....

What people say is stunting is people keeping ALL the bigger fish .....

And then bitching about no big fish to catch....

If the lake is left to grow the bigger fish back the lake will then take care of its own....

Small ponds can stunt but lakes over say 200 acreage
Or bigger will not stunt...

Unless over harvest of the bigger fish happens...

And yes now about all you see and catch in east canyon is small bass, but they are not stunted, the bigger bass eat lots of the smaller bass so it keeps it in balance, you can take some of the middle range bass and it will only help the lakes....

Now to put the lake back in order you need to let all bass over 10" go for a year or two to let some get bigger to put the lake back in good shape....

Its called management.....

[signature]
Well I sure didn't mean to get your underwear in a knot and offend you but since you want to call names OK.

What I said was not meant to be a challenge to you in any way only a observation of time the I spent on the water. It was a friendly statement or was suppose to be.

Pineview has tiger muskies because the fish were to small and to many I believe they called the fish stunted (it's called management). I am not a biologist I was just commenting what I saw on the lake I don't know who taking what out of the lake either I guess your there watching the fisherman.

The bass must have been in the lake for awhile for there to be so many of them I am not going to go back and forth with you about this I just don't appreciate the dummy comment.
[signature]
If you read the hole thing you will see that I DIDN'T call you a dummy in fact I said (I throught that you was not) and Pineview was said to be stunted but was not the perch and crappie just needed time to grow....

And with some one saying some place is stunting just starts thing going and the real dummy that has put the lake in the shape it is in now will keep it going....

Studies show that perch and manly other fish do not grow as fast in all waters and Pineview is one that the perch and crappie don't grow as big or as fast as in other places....

If that was so why have they not grown to the size they are at Yuba, or Deer creek, or even Jordanelle I'm not mad or any thing all I want is the truth not rumors that can mislead others....

And a good place to do this is here but some times people call names instead of what should be....

Lets talk it over not take offense or get mad, you tell me what you have seen or believe and I do the same, we can both learn from each other....

[signature]
That's cool thanks!
[signature]