Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to Temple Bar
Change in plans, fellas. Looks like we'll be going out of Temple Bar instead of Callville Bay. A new 59' deluxe houseboat was transferred from Callville to Temple Bar last week, which means we can take it out of Temple Bar instead. I want to thank everyone for their input and advice about fishing and anchoring in the Boulder Basin. I think it makes more sense for our group to leave from Temple Bar since I'm more familiar with the Temple Basin...not to mention, there's hardly any boat traffic in the area. Paradise for a fisherman.

If you happen to be in the Temple Basin from August 23 - 26, please feel free to stop by the houseboat. We'll be near near the Temple on Thursday; Channel Island on Friday; and Delmar Butte on Saturday.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
Tonight's the night. Well, actually we're leaving for Mead from Irvine in two groups. One group leaves tonight, the other leaves tomorrow night. Unfortunately, I'm in tomorrow's group. But that's okay. I'm just happy to have the chance to head out to Mead.

I'm assuming it's pretty hot out there. The temps have been in the 105 range. Is that a true 105 or is it cooler since you're on the water? I've noticed that there is a constant wind as well. Does not make it slightly cooler or does it make it worse?

How deep are the stripers during the day?

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
Wow, thanks for the heads up. Let me ask you this though. Do we pretty much have to stay in the water to remain cool during the day? And you're telling me it will likely be over 110 degrees for the next few days? That's horrific. Does the hot temp affect the striper fishing? I'm assuming there's no bite during the day, right? Do you know if they're biting at night? Or at what depth?

Thanks for all the info.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
Paul,
We were down by the Dam on Monday evening and it was OK - maybe 95. Hotter when you get adjacent to the big walls. Don't know how deep the stripers are. 50 to 60 ft would be my best guess...

You might check the weatherunderground for Meadview, Az or try the NOAA site for weather on Lake Mead. Supposed to get partly cloudy and possible thunderstorms by Sunday. Friday is hot at 107 I think.
[signature]
Hi Tom:

Thanks for the info. Hopefully, it'll be cooler on the AZ side but I doubt that's the case. Anyway, I'll definitely check out the website before I leave tomorrow night.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
I'll definitely keep a lookout for some shade but I'm not sure I'll find much. I know of a few coves in the Temple Basin where the walls are particularly high so that may be the way to go. Thanks, and I'll make sure to let you know how I do.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]