Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport report
[angelic]I'm late but i really want a BFT hat to go with my collection. Plus I need a new fishin hat! Sooooo.........
I went to Rockport on sunday the 26th. The initial plan was Strawberry but due to putting my boat in my storage and forgetting they dont open until 6am, my 3am wake up call was for nothing, we usually remember to get the boat out the day before but anywho we ended up going to rockport because i dont like getting on lakes any later than 7 but prefer by 5:30-6am. So we launch at rockport, no problems, my boat is a 15ft old renovated boat. The water temp was 68 and the fish finder was showing alot of fish in the 30-40 ft range. A little wind which did pick up and then die off again later but no real big pain at least not as big as the dang human skeeters [mad] who got my friend motion sick from the waves when we did anchor off for the perch. We trolled our usual spot which earlier this summer was producing 3 limits in 2 hours or less (no joke) well not anymore, the fish were not biting like they use to. Had some misses but not too many and only landed one rainbow but did get 2 little perch on our trolling set ups but put them back to grow up. So i figured the perch were pretty active if they are chasing my lure. So we stop and drop and we caught about 10 or so little guys, no keepers. We had to get back early due to homework so we packed up and left. I figure all the trout we have taken out of rockport this year(easily over 100) we were due for a slow trip. The trout do have alot of sores on them but when filleted out you'd never know it by the taste. DELICIOUS All in all it was a GREAT day fishing.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey...if you don't win a hat for your report, send me a PM with your mailing address and I will get one to you...with some stickers and a patch. I am voting you the winner in a contest I just made up...most entertaining post of the year. Your "COCONUT CHRONICLES" had us all hootin' and hollerin' for a few days.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I just happen to have one leftover hat in my moderators' discretionary prize stash.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anybody else wanna vote for this child?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
She's got mine!!! [cool]
[signature]