Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Me and the Mrs decided we were to sick for work today so we went fishing instead!! Hit the old rockpile at 0700 and jigged in 85' quite a few fish on the graph but only 2 takers in an hour and a half but hers went 10# so not bad. After that we headed over by first and second point no takers there so off to Cisco Beach where we cought a couple more jiggin in 65' both about 3# then we hooked up some rapalas to the downriggers to give it a go and cought 6 more a couple of 8-10 # they were all cought in 60'. Lots of fish in the 50- 60' depth only a couple other boats on the water all day and it was smooth untill aobut 4 thats when we headed home. Water temp is still up around 67. All 10 fish boated were macks . It was good to get back out on the big blue today cant wait to hit it again!!M.H.
[signature]
sounds like you had a good day on the water m.h. so when you say while you were yousing the downriggers, were the fish suspended away's off the bottom or were they on the bottom, and you were just going above there heads? and i think thats the first report that iv'e seen from bl, that someone didnt catch a cut, wich isn't bad iv'e seen some nice one's polled out of there. im glad you had a good tripp and keep that flu you have going on there, and you might get anouther day of fishing lol
[signature]
BF6 most of the fish that were in the 60' range were about 3-5' off the bottom out in deeper water there were some up 20' or so.M.H.
[signature]
Great report. The fishing will only get better as the weather cools. Nice to hear a report from the big blue. When I lived in Logan I used to hit it at least once a month, but now that I don't, I am lucky to get up once a year. I love that lake.
[signature]
Nice report MH. I am looking forward to getting up there here soon. ITs just gonna get better. SWEEEET
[signature]
Great report Jammie, this is the best report I've read this early in the season in a long time. Thanks for sharing, sure wish it wasn't hunting season. Cough, cough, I think I'm going to be sick[Wink]
[signature]
Nice day on the lake if you ask me! Two of my friends caught nothing but Mack's the last couple of weekends as well. I plan on fishing there this weekend, any tips to share? PM if you care to share.
[signature]
F1on as for tips we used the regular tubes tipped with cisco pearl white ,glow, black and rainbow and as for trolling we used a couple different rapalas and bombers silver and black were the best colors. Cisco beach had the most activity on the sonar and that is the only place we trolled. I sure hope to get back over there in a couple weeks myself!! M.H.
[signature]