Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard ... A report not worth reading
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Me and a friend fished Willard this morning from about 7:00 till noon. The water temp was about 66-67 degrees. Launching was plenty easy into 3.5 feet deep water at the end of the ramp but just after going out the channel, there is a hump that you have to go over that is only 1.5 feet deep.

We ran four lines (two planers) and lots of different lures and speeds. We used curly tail grubs white and green, lipless crank baits, divers, white spinners, and we even vertical jigged white tubes for a while. We did have fish on but never boated any. The one I had on came off quickly and the two that my partner had on broke off. In fact, he lost four lures to either snags or fish. He was running 6-8 lb test. I lost one lure to a snag down in the area where I believe the artificial Christmas tree structure is. I finally had to cut it free. So, between the two of us, we donated five lures to Willard today.

The water was terribly murky. The deepest water we found was 13 feet deep. Most of the lake is around 8-10 feet deep. We did mark lots of good fish down near the light pole going south of the pole. Just couldn’t get them to bite.

There was only one other boat on the whole lake all morning. It was a power skier that had to go around us so that we could get a good close up of him doing his fancy tricks (what a jerk). I guess I shouldn’t be so hard on him since the lake was so crowded.

Well, that is probably the last Willard report you will hear from me this year. It’s time to think about Strawberry and Bear Lake.
[signature]
[font "Georgia"][#400080][size 3][Sad]Sad to here the report of no, And thanks for the trip to Pineview on last Wed, Stick to Bass at least they were fun and we did not get skunked, till next time lets do Bear lake[cool] before the warm weather is gone.[/size][/#400080][/font]
[signature]
The best fishing at Bear lake is in the colder weather.

AFDan52
[signature]
Have there been any updates on when the dikes will be fixed and it can refill?

AFDan52
[signature]
Ive been to Willard 3 times this year and all three times I was not impressed at all...
As for the dikes last I heard is that they are going to due a two year reconstruction. I don't know if its right but thats what some of the guys told me that were working on it..
[signature]