Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua "Get the net PaPa" (9-29-07)
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]My Grandson & I went to Mantua last Saturday (sorry for the late post) for his first fishing trip. It was cold, windy, wet, & snowy,,, It was great! That morning he said to his Grandma with his eyes half open, "Grandma I don't want to go fishing". We got up there about 11:00am and took a look at the lake and weather before we launched, with the sleet and wind coming down on him he said lets go PaPa. We were the only ones on the water, the air temp was oh I guess COLD, the water was 57*. After we got going the wind died to just a breeze. We went to the east side, I got him set up (with HIS tackle) and put my line in and caught a small perch and that was it, he proceeded to skunk my butt, he caught one right after another they were all, I think bluegill except one more perch. Here's some pics of the great fisherman.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Great anticipation[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font][inline dscn1757.JPG]

[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]Look my first fish ![/size][/black][/font]
[inline dscn1759.JPG]

[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]And my next ![/size][/black][/font]
[inline dscn1761.JPG]

[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]and another[/size][/black][/font]
[inline dscn1762.JPG]

[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]Look another one[/size][/black][/font]
[inline dscn1763.JPG]

[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]After this one he said "I'm a good fisherman huh PaPa"[/size][/black][/font]
[inline dscn1764.JPG]

[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]The next one was a monster it almost broke his pole and when he got it in, it was a big ball of weeds, so we got him fixed up again and no sooner than he got his line in and I turned around to look at my pole he said "get the net papa get the net!!" the next one was this perch.[/size][/black][/font]

[inline dscn1765.JPG]

[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]After he caught that one he turned into a pup-cicile and wanted to go so we started to leave and the motor wouldnt start so we used the trolling motor to get back lucky it's a small lake.[/size][/black][/font]
[inline dscn1766.JPG]

[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]There was more fog than the pics show and this being my first time on this water I had to use the GPS to get back.[/size][/black][/font]
[inline dscn1768.JPG]

[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]After this he let me know he's a better fisherman than me, and he's right![/size][/black][/font]
[inline dscn1770.JPG]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3] [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]What a fun day, crappy weather but a fun day![/size][/black][/font]
[inline dscn1771.JPG]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Excellent report and wonderful pics. All the elements of a great fishing trip...kids, fish and weather.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'll bet you had a tough time not using a hook or bait, just so the little guy could outfish ya. Been there, done that. Whenever you take a kid fishing, the trip should be about THEM...not about the adult(s).[/#0000ff]
[signature]
He had a great time, went just so he could catch a few fish, I tried several different baits and lures but he out did me with his hook and worms. Some times simple things are the best things.
[signature]
Great report and pictures. Sure is great when the grandkids ask, "When are we going fishing again Grandpa?" I got that question twice in the last week and that is what it is all about.
[signature]
[font "Arial Unicode MS"][#002850][size 3]"Get the net PaPa ..."[/size][/#002850][/font]
[font "Arial Unicode MS"][#002850][size 3][/size][/#002850][/font]
[font "Arial Unicode MS"][#002850][size 3]Great report ... great pics ... great memories. What more can I say.[/size][/#002850][/font]
[font "Arial Unicode MS"][#002850][size 3][/size][/#002850][/font]
[font "Arial Unicode MS"][#002850][size 3]Thanks Doc for posting this.[/size][/#002850][/font]
[signature]
Mantua is my son's favorite spot too. Maybe we should get all of these kids together and have a kids day at Mantua.
[signature]