Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday (Columbus Day) @ Bear Lake
Fished BL today. Beautiful day, after a windy, cold weekend...(glad I went duck hunting on Saturday). Anyway, launched at 7:30am at 29 degrees. Frost on docks and VERY slippery. Hey, guess what, there was actually a place to park my truck! Started off trolling out of the BL State Park marina. Fished until 10:30. Tally was 5 lakers and one cutthroat. Using flatfish and jointed rapalas trolled at 1.8-2.3 mph. Deepest I fished was 33feet, but most came shallower. Temp on surface was 51 degrees. Biggest fish was 12lbs, and most were about 6-7 lbs. The cutt was about 1.5lbs. The fishing is "ON" right now. Don't wait until the spawn starts or it will slow down. Great day on the water.
[signature]
Good report Scott, I'm going out Thursday and Friday but I think I'll fish a little deeper than you did.[Wink]

Bodine
[signature]
Well done Scott. Weather looks gorgeous outside of my window at work. Sure wish Columbus Day was a holiday for everyone.[Sad]
[signature]
Great report Scott I hope to get over there on Fri myself!! M.H.
[signature]
I'm surprised we missed you Scott, we got there about 7am and left at 12:30. I guess we should have been trolling instead of jigging. Way to go, sounds like you had a great morning.
[signature]
I have got to get some use out of my down riggers. What are we doing wrong. We ran one down till it hit bottom and raised it till it quit bouncing around. Ran one about 20' higher with a rapalla on the ball release and a flat fish 15' above and further back. Same with the one on the bottom. The depth finder showed fish moving around when we went through them but got no takers. Why do the Lake Trout look like fat salmon this year, is it the feed, or the genetics in the stock Idaho planted or is it the effect of being a triploid or sterile fish?
[signature]