Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear lake this weekend
Went to the marina this morning in the heavy cold rain. Lot's of shore anglers chunking lures. Only seen one fish brought in (mack). After finally soaking thru the rain gear I decided to check my crawdad trap, suprize surprize, I had 4 in the basket. going to let it soak for a little longer and have a surf and turf dinner. Might give it another go this evening, weather is supposed to dry up for a few hours but the "W" and cold are coming in.
[signature]
Right on Brotha. Enjoy!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for sharing your misery with us. Dedication or commitment? Not sure if you should be "committed" for your dedication to the "enjoyment" of fishing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The difference between dedication and commitment?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In a ham and eggs breakfast, the chicken is dedicated but the pig is committed.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Enjoy your surf and turf dinner. If you need help getting into the mood, just put on your lobster bib. Those 'dads are small but tasty.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Went to go fishing after dinner and this D*^# WIND WILL NOT QUIT!

White caps all over the lake and temps are starting to drop. Looks like this weekend fishing plans are shot.
[signature]
Hey Pat, keep giving us updates when you can- I want to give it another try over there at the marina in the next few days or so, depending on the weather.

Thanks in advance!
[signature]
Well another day and no fish.

Bearlakefishguy and I tried to go out this morning but the "W" was threatening us and we called it. I checked my crawdad traps and was down two! Little buggers slipped out. Fished the marina breakwater for a bit in the morning. One good hit but then it was off. Went back to camp for a nice crockpot of stew and a nap. Then around two I hit the marina again. I met up with jim stone and had a nice chat about the crawdad thing and we both hit the rocks for some more lure washing. Again a no fish trip but the weather turned nice for a couple hours.

Had a great steak and (two) crawdad dinner. Man oh man them little buggers are tasty. I think that I may have to dig in and start learning this trapping thing.

Plan to hit the rocks again in the morning. My boat is having main motor issues (prop cavitation) so I plan to leave on the trailer until it is operating correctly. email sent to lee's for a new one and hopefully I will be back in service soon. Not a great thing to have to come up with money for when you are on a budget but that's the joy of owning a boat.
[signature]