Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloody fish at East Canyon
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size][inline "Captured 2004-5-1 00051.JPG"]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Wiperslayer and I fished East canyon today and caught a bunch of these fish. The sores from the parasites were so bad on some of them that they started bleeding as soon as they were lifted out of the water. They were 13 to 16 inches, all the fish under 12 inches were clean so I'm guessing they were just planted. It was a nice day on the lake, even with the wind blowing most of the day. Only three other boats on the lake and they were gone by the time were left at 3pm. WH2[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thats to bad those fish are that way. At least you went and fished and had a good time. I was trying to beat the storm and get my BArn finished up. I still wont have it dried in in time.

However BEar lake next thursday and Friday[cool]
[signature]
Those poor fish look like they were used as clay targets for some weekend trap shooting.
[signature]
It seems that when the water get low or temps. get up higher then normal the trout get the worms bad, but if you look at the bass they don't have the worms....

[signature]
It appears even the worms have a taste preferance. That is why they are worms. I personally prefer salmon.
[signature]
Well hopefully you will have time this week, sounds like the weather will be better. Lets see if this will work, if it does there will be a short video clip.
[signature]
Looks like the anchor worms had their wicked way with the troutskis this year...oh well.
[signature]
Yea, it is as bad as I've ever seen it. The problem has been there for as long as I can remember but this year there are more sores and they are bigger. The parasites were hanging out of some of them and I even noticed the fish were hardly fighting, kind of like the worms were affecting the fishes strength. Maybe that is why the DWR planted the Smallmouth and crappie in the lake. Did I say that, LOL, however they got in there, the warm water fish might be the only type of fish that can make it, if these parasites get any worse.
[signature]
Boy that is really Sad. I do like seeing that Shasta Tackle Cripplure hanging from his mouth.[Wink]
[signature]
I took a guy from work trolling at East Canyon late in the season 5 or 6 years ago. The first fish we caught really disgusted him; he said they looked like they had leprosy. He still asks me if I've gone fishing for the leper fish lately.

Off topic, but... I don't think he'd ever backed a trailer down a ramp before and the water was very low. The best part of the trip was watching him try to back the trailer a 1/2 mile down the single lane ramp to pick me up. Luckily, late in the season, there wasn't a line.
[signature]
I thought you and P4L would like seeing that clip, it was one of three lures we use with good success. This time of the year the fish really have the feed bag on and it is fairly easly to catch 30 or 40 fish, if you can find a big school[cool].
[signature]