Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Fish-N-Feed dutch oven dinner at Willard
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Well, I'd say it's about time we all got together for a BFT Dutch oven dinner. Remember the "Dinner-on-Ice" we tried for at Strawberry and the weather scared us cooks away? Well, we're going to try it again.[/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2] [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Where: Willard Bay State Park in the Pelican Beach day use picnic site. The Pelican Beach site is in the area of the North marina. To get there, take I-15 north of Ogden to the Willard exit 360 (this is the exit with the Flying-J). Follow the signs to Willard Bay. After passing through the fee station, just follow the signs to Pelican Beach. We won't be in the large group site (it was all booked up). I'll be there real early to grab a couple of the small picnic sites. Just look for all the Dutch ovens (or a BFT banner if I can get one).[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]When: Saturday, May 3, 2003. Dinner will be served at 1:00 P.M. We figured that if dinner was at 1:00, you could get some good fishing in before and/or after dinner.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Cost: Adults $6.00 per person ... well fed, and a child's portion is $3.00. This does not include entrance fees to get into the park. Park entrance fees are $9.00 per vehicle.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]So that I will know how much food to prepare and to have money to purchase the groceries and supplies, I am asking that everyone pay in advance. Please send checks or money orders payable to [#008080]"Old Coot", P.O. Box 106, Clearfield, Utah, 84089[/#008080]. Make sure you include a note with your name (and/or nick-name), how many in your party, and how many adult dinners and how many child dinners you are paying for. I'll keep a good list of what everyone paid for.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Payment must be received by April 27th. There will be no refunds after the 27th.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Menu: "Slightly Cajun" barbecued chicken, Western Calico Beans (a BIG favorite), Cheesy Dutch Oven Potatoes, dinner rolls, and cream topped Apple Crisp for desert.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Paper plates and utensils will be provided so you won't have to bring your own. Even though we will have cups and ice water there for you, you may want to bring your own favorite drinks. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Who is invited? ... Even though I am putting the dinner on in the name of the Utah BFT message board and am hoping to see as many registered members there as possible, friends and relatives are also very welcome. Just make sure I get your party's payment in advance.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]What to bring: Because we will just be in a couple of the small 2-table picnic sites, you'll need to bring your own lawn chairs (or you can sit on the lawn). Bring money to pay for your entrance fees (unless you have a season pass). If drinking ice water isn't your preference, bring your own favorite drinks.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]So come join us for a great Dutch Oven Dinner at Willard. It'll be a great chance to get acquainted with other members of the BFT board and do some wiper fishin ta-boot![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Da ya think this ought to be a hoot . . . or what?[/size][/font]
[signature]
This should be a blast and we will be able to fish to boot, it can't get any better than that. I look forward to it and the check is in the mail. Thanks Old Coot. WH2
[signature]
OUTSTANDING!

Now that is what I'm talking about! I have been waiting for a get-together like this. Coot you can count me in for sure!
[signature]
[#ff0000]Looks like I've got the day off work, but am on call the night before. With that, I probably can't offer much help this time, but will be sure to get my butt out of bed in time for lunch and some evening fishing! Thanx Coot, you're awesome. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
count me for 2. hmmm a eerie feeling of deja vu haha
[signature]
count me in for a couple and maybe a kids, I'll definitly have the boat on the lake by then Smile
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Well it's about time, I didn't think we were ever going to get to try your cooking skills. Way to go Old Coot, We are looking forward to it.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
I wish I could go! It sounds soooo good. I bought my wife Miss Saigon tickets for that night.[unsure] And I have to go to that so she will let me take off for a few days to Powell later that month. Have fun!
[signature]
On my end- that sounds like fun, but its tentative for me cuz my wedding anniversary is on may 2nd. Oops if I forgot about her... If things change, can I pay at the last minute? I'm thinking maybe I can escape in the afternoon if my wife puts down her shotgun for a rest....
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I had an idea the other night when I was out on Willard with Access-Denied. Here's my idea:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Since there are a fair number of folks who don't have boats and a fair who do, if you have a boat, and plan on fishing, and have room for one more, may I suggest that you post an offer to give a boatless fellow BFT fisherman a chance get out on the lake with you in your boat either before or after dinner ... just a thought ....[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]You could use this thread to advertise your offer.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I'll be their (I hope) Old Coot. Can't wait to dig in to the grub[Image: smile.gif]
[signature]
Hey Old Coot: I was looking at your Fish-N-Feed post, sounds to me like something me and my two teenage boys would just love to join in on. I"ll get you the $ for (3) adalts. Can"t wait [Smile] Should be a great day out on the Bay! WOW can"t wait. A full day of fish"n combined with some of your Blue Ribben dutch oven cook"n. [Smile] [Smile]
[signature]
I do not have a boat so I offer my services to you for helping out in anyway that I can. Just let me know what you need done and I am on it..

p.s. I sent you out a check already, hope you got it!!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey Boatless,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I'd be very surprised if one of the guys wouldn't have a vacant seat aboard one of their fine water crafts. Or, if everybody's full, just stand on the West dike and chuck a few walleye treats.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It looks like I've got three other guys helping me with the cooking (Fish-4-Food, drydock, and B. L.). If anyone of them have something come up and can't help, I may very well recruit you. But for now, plan on fishin' rather than cookin'. Either way, I'm looking forward to meeting you and all the other folks I've never met and those I have fished with too.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]He guys and gals,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I see the checks are starting to pour in to the "Old Coot" mail box. That's good cause I was getting kind of worried that maybe the truth had gotten out about my cooking!! Anyways, send in your money for your dinner and bring a friend. I think it will be great fun.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]My work is sending me off to D.C. for a week so I'll check the mail box again as soon as I get back. And while I'm gone, I won't have access to the Net so I'll have to do a bit of catching up when I get home. Humm ... maybe I could get on the Net at a library if I could find one some evening.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]From the reports I have been reading, I see that Willard wipers have been a little tight lipped this spring. There's a good reason for that. Those wipers are waiting for the May 3rd Fish-N-Feed. I think they are planning on putting on quite a show that day. [crazy] [crazy][/size][/font]
[signature]