Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Trout
[left][font "Arial"][size 3]VENICE REPORT!!!
Due to bad weather this past week, I was only able to fish Friday and Saturday. But Boy did we make up for lost time!!!

On Friday I was one of three boats booked by Reel Louisiana Adventures. I left the dock with my two guys and not much optimisim. POst front conditions and breezy NW winds didnt seems to be the best ingredients for a box of trout or reds. Took and chance and went the opposite direction as the other boats in our party. I think my guys were a little concerned about this! I changed their mind soon after!

Went down to a little area that i like after a hard north blow and found decent water conditions and a few fish! Started off on a point that has produced in the past and picked up several decent trout. We eased down the bank a little further picking up a trout here and there. Made it up to the next point and the actiuon picked up. Never fast but consistent. At 11am we had our 50 trout and went after redfish.

Made a few stops and put about 7 reds in the boat before heading back to meet the rest of the party. The hardest part of the trip was getting the guys to finish their trout limit! All they were talking about was "When can we go catch some reds"! I hate to leave a sure thing for a blind date, but they got there taste of the reds capped off by a 15lbs brute!

On Saturday I headed back down to the general area I was in on Friday. The morning began VERY slow. The water was even beter, but the tide was bottomed out. I told my guys to just hold on, as soon as that tide starts startes back it'll be on! I must say I made the right call! About 8:30 it was on! Again not non stop action but we steadily filled the box with 2-6 pound trout. YES, 2-6 POUND TROUT! EVery fish was a quality fish. We worked this area over for about 3 hours catching around 40 fish in this range. We noticed the water getting dirtier and then the bite stopped. Not content with ending the day just yet I made a move to another spot I've been catching some fish on later in the day.

As I entered the area there were several boats around. I almost turned around instead of having them see what was we were about to do. I began fishing and open water area and BAM the trout were their! From the very start we were on them. Started out with 14-18 inch "schoolies" and the the the biguns moved in! We were soon catching MORE 2-6 pound fish. Topped the day off with one true BRUTE that weighed in at 7pounds even!!

Back at the dock the final count was 67 trout. We caught many more that we released not wanting to be gready AND we left them bitting! This was a VERY impressive box of trout to say the least. WE took about 30 minutes just snapping pictures.

EVERY fish on both days were caught on Deadly Dudely's under a Cajun Thunder cork. We mainly used the terror tail in the Fearless Frank and Blue Moon Colors with a 1/4 ounce head. I feel confident that using the larger terror tail improved the overall size of our catch. Its geting time for those sows to spawn and they are hungry!

The April Full moon in next week. You can look for more reports like this from me and very possibly hear about some even bigger!! I love the april moon down in Venice. The big girls ALWAYS come out and play!! I'll be at it pretty much every day this week and every one after. E-mail will NOT be a relieable way to get a speady response from me. Call 985-969-0810 for a REEL SHOT at the fishing trip of a lifetime!![/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Arial"][#000080][size 3][Image: AT34647-542851_4-12-030005.jpg][/size][/#000080][/font][/left] [left][font "Arial"][#000080][size 3][/size][/#000080][/font] [/left]
[signature]