Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This The End
Wow, with the recent warm temps and todays rain, is this gonna be the last of the ice season? Any one have an update on how ice conditions are today and on? I know the snow is going way fast and with rain on top of it, it may be a big push on the rivers and streams into a lot of the resevoirs. Just hope its not to much to fast.
[signature]
I think we still have at least a couple of weeks at most of the Rexburg area reservoirs. The ice will lift, but you can still get on with a board for a little while.

I tried to get out on Ririe this afternoon at about 3:30. The wind was blowing literally 50 miles an hour and it was snowing. Highway 26 was a mess, so I do not think it is quite over yet.

Windriver
[signature]
I would agree with windriver. We still have at least a couple weeks to ice fish most waters. A board will be need though. May even be able to ice fish some places the first week or two of April.
[signature]
Fished PaliSades both days this weekend and the ice is still great, especially by the dam. Very cold and windy both days. Spring has yet to make it to that neck of the woods.
[signature]
Now for the important part, how was the fishing at PaliSades?

Windriver
[signature]
Yeah Hookedlikeu, how was the fishing at the Sades this weekend. Better than at Bear Lake I bet. Pops is still tasting the skunk, though I am not.
[signature]