Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display Settings
Can anybody on here tell me how to get my display setting to show the author at the top of a post instead of the side? I've tried several times to change and save the top view, but have failed every attempt.
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
When we first started seeing this problem some time ago, Kent ask the same question. Fishhound came up with the fix below.

[size 1]"The way to do that is to go into your own User Profile (Edit Profile tab at top),

Then click on Display Settings,

Then click on Default Template Set,

Then choose Default; post information on top from drop down menu.

Then go to the bottom and click the button to Make Profile Changes.

Then you can go into the post and see the Edit post button. At which point all you do is make the changes you want to make.

Hope that helps. "[/size]
[signature]
Yep, I tried that yesterday - about 5 times. It would not save the settings then or now. I still can not get my display to reset with the author information at the top.
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
[cool][#0000ff]1. Be sure you scroll down to "Make Changes".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]2. If that does not do it, try "dumping your cookies" or logging off and logging back on again.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]3. PM me your password and I will try it for you.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Computers, kids and spouses. Man's trials on earth.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I had a feeling that was what you tried but it was the only fix I knew. I'm not sure but it might have something to do with the changes that are in the works, I'll find out.
[signature]
TD,

I was thinking along the lines of a 'cookies' relation here. I really don't want to dump the cookies unless nothing else works. Dumping cookies means having to reset ALL my forum entry data and that's a pain I try to avoid.

A better solution would be to find the specific cookie and change or delete just the one controlling entry into the BFT forum. Can you help with that? Can anybody help with that?

While I'm at it, I just looked at my profile and I can not see anyplace to change my password. I see my signature, email address, and other stuff, but no place to change my password. What am I missing?
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I could be wrong on this but from what I've heard you can not reset your password. There is a way that the owers of the site can send you your password if it is lost but even that can be a pain. One of the members have been trying to get their password for several weeks now and we are still waiting. This might be something that will change with the new upgrade that is coming next week[Wink]. Hopefully Pat can help you with the cookies.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You can't reset your password, but if you will PM it to me, I can log on as you (if you trust me) and make the changes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have a lot of settings that are "cookie oriented" it can be a pain to reset all of them. I dump mine regularly as part of my security program.[/#0000ff]
[signature]