Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Extra Tackle
[cool][#0000ff][size 4]Hey gang, whenever you are unsuccessful at selling something you no longer want or need, please consider making it available to our new FISHING 101 program.[/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 4][/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 4]I am starting a program for all ages...kids and adults...to learn fishing and to put together the right kind of tackle. DWR has a good program for young kids to learn, but there is nothing for older anglers...and there are lots of folks who would really like to be able to have some "hands on" show and tell...and some on the water supervised practice.[/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 4]I am making a post on the main Utah Board, but thought I could put up a polite request here for anyone who has extra rods, reels, lures, line, tackle boxes or other fishing gear that you are not using...but still has some mileage left for someone who has a limited budget and/or lacks the knowledge to put together a balanced system.[/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 4]Post here or send a PM...when the PM function is functioning again.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Got 2 rods, 2 boxes, and some basic tackle.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff][size 4]Thanks Brody. Bring them down and pick out some jig heads for your own self. Let me know when you can make it or we can meet up on the water somewhere.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I've got some plastic cases, tackle box and a couple of older poles if you still need some stuff
craig
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks. Will work out a meetup with you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I've got a few things as well Pat. Also, if anyone is interested in learning how to fly fish, I'd be happy to tie up some bugs for free.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You guys up there might look around for a park or place to gather for some on the water stuff in the north. We have it covered in SLC.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'll get together with Brody and Matt, and I am sure that we can figure something out. [cool]
[signature]
I've got some old stuff that would work maybe pat I will try to get it all gatherd up and get it to you.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks. About time we got together for some excuse.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will post when we are going to have our first get together and maybe you could be a part of it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have a mh ugly stick w/reel and a baitcasting rod that needs a good home. Not sure where you're at, but we should be able to work something out.

Jacob
[signature]
[#0000ff]Thanks. I am in SW Salt Lake area. I will get back to you with an address and phone number so we can coordinate the exchange.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sounds like a good kitty spankin' outfit.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I am going to be cleaning my shed sometime this weekend hopefully and i have a lot of stuff i dont use and never going to use. I will gather it up and hopefully it can all be used .
[signature]
[#0000ff]That would be great. I am sure that just about anything will help.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Since I repair rods and reels, I can fix up anything that needs fixin'.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also, one of the newest Ideas I have for the program is to expand it to senior citizens. There are a lot of old folks, both in centers and still living at home that can no longer drive but who still love to fish. I am thinking about having BFT volunteers take small groups of them fishing...even if it is only on community ponds. I am sure a lot of them no longer have tackle. How about 'FUDD FISHING PROGRAM"?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
the senior citizen outing is wonderful. I will help any way possible and I will try to come up with gear for the cause.

We all must pass it on

pa
[signature]
Old fogies! I love old people... they have such interesting stories!
In my Buick, I can take 4 passengers, and my blazer has...7, I think. I'll double check. But I would probably need help with gas money, since it's a guzzler. I'm not sure if people on fixed income could (or should?) help, so if anybody wants to donate a gas gift card or somethin' for any trips, I'll be willing to drive. And I'm a good driver, no tickets or accidents!
Also, the Buick can only take tackle in the trunk, but I'm sure I could fit an inflatable craft (uninflated during transport, of course) in the back of the Blazer.

Also, I like the idea of a northern region group/section... as I said, gas is horrible, I'm not sure I could go down to/past SLC more than once or twice a month.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]We do not want participation to be a financial burden on any volunteers. Haven't yet worked out how to handle expenses, but there should not be that much if we keep things local. I think most of us consider our costs to be just a good investment in helping others, but if we have budget problems of our own, then we have to face reality. We should not compromise our own economic survival if we don't have to. And, times are tough these days.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]For the most part, people who want to attend will be responsible for getting themselves to meetings or fishing trips. But, like you said, some of the seniors have both transportation and financial limitations. But, I am sure that if we find someone who has a problem with participation we can find a way to take care of them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In short, don't worry about having to lay out a lot of cash. Your presence and support at the meetings and on the water will mean far more to those we have in the program.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I've got a couple of reels that need a new home. I could rustle up some tackle too. I'll await further details.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks. I will PM you when I am ready.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks everybody. I am moving this over to the Fishing 101 board which is an archive board and you can't reply to it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If anybody else has anything to donate, shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.[/#0000ff]
[signature]