Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry/Soldier Creek (report)
[size 2]Well I finally went to the "Berry" sunday . Lake is still about 70% covered in ICE .

Got there at 11:00am fished East Portal and no hits .

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0237645.jpg]

Went to Haws Point still nothing . Decided to drive around and check out all the ice or lack of .

Indian Creek ice free and a good portion of Renegade ice free . Still can't enter the Narrows , lots of ice still there but it depends on which way the wind is blowing too and it blowed some today .

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0264620.jpg]

Took a drive over to Soldier Creek and still lots of ice . Most ice was on the north end of both lakes due to south winds . Drove over to the dam and fished a little honey hole I know about . Finally hooked some fish . All cutthroats .

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0246299.jpg]

and this nice 20" cutt .

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0259603.jpg]

I caught all the cutts on a small white tube jig . Tried lots of others colors but the white seem to be working there so I didn't change after that . Quit fishing about 5;00 pm . Now that I have over 300 miles on this weekend I will stay home next weekend . Good luck to all and tight lines [/size]
[signature]
It sure looks like you spent some time at the berry and covered all the bases, thanks for the report, nice fish. It shouldn't be long now. WH2
[signature]