Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of a era???
I know this is off subject of fishing, but definitely in the minds of us Utahns!!! No matter your opinion of Karl Malone and John Stockton, it almost seems certain that tonight could be last time we see the two in our home town uniforms. It is Sad, but bound to happen. As a person in my early 20's the two have been idols since I was in diapers. What are your thoughts on the ending of their era? My though, good job to bad no title!!!
[signature]
I know that I'll regret saying this, but here goes. I would say that it is about time! Get rid of Malone and Sloan, and they might be able to get a title.
[signature]
If they didn't run into the Bull's in there prime they would have had a title. Let's see Malone and Stocton or Jordan and Pippen no contest.
[signature]
Karl, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Forgot to pay Old Coot, but will see you all at Willard on Sat. If anyone has an extra boat seat, would love to join someone.

Tight lines

Jacob
[signature]
As for Stockton and Sloan. I think they earned their retirement and I wish them both the best. As for Malone. I have never heard anyone that makes so much money whine so much. Sorry Jazz fans. just my opinion.

a-b
[signature]
I couldnt agree more. It is time to pass the torch!!! Malone is long over due for a change and to leave. and I hope Stockton retires in Jazz uniform. He is a trooper!!
[signature]
That's some harsh words some of the two best that have ever played the game. Stockton is the oldest player in the MBA and Malone is up in his years too and they still can whop on most All-stars. It's tough to give critize something that we know so little about. They might seem like they are whinning but think about how much most people whin about the stupidest things at work. Plus we don't know the hole story. The only things we know is what journalist say.

I don't see anybody here playing in the MBA, or giving his time for charity and not to mention the money he spents on Utah's wildlife. I know we are all only human and to human is to err so why do we judge another person that does so much for so little.

As far as retirement I think he might take it and if he does stockton wont stick around. The are a combo and the best combo that ever played and will be missed by all. You can dought me but look at the stats between the two.
[signature]
statistically malone is the greatest player of all time. though jordan is revered as the greatest its hard to argue statistics. though malone is limited to a certain style and wouldnt have been successful if it wasnt for a choir boy looking sort , he still holds more records than any other player. and some prominent records as well. i think he has done alot for the community and the team obviously. though they can win the big show they have the record for most consecutive playoffs. that says alot to me. consistancy.
[signature]
I am a Stock, Malone fan, but I was hoping to keep one name out of my post Larry Miller!!!. He is the reason why I wouldnt mind seeing Malone leave. I wouldnt blame him. I want to see Malone get that points record and would like to see it done in a Jazz uniform. I would like to see a title come from Karl in Utah, but very unlikely. It Saddens me that tonight could be it though. Such a strong hold in the community and with wildlife. He fights and fights hard for our rights as hunters and fisherman. Plus his involvement wiht children getting involved also. I wish the two of them the best of luck in what ever they do!!! The two definitely left there mark in salt lake and the NBA and definitely left it better
[signature]
Just like you polokid I'm in your age group and Stockton & Malone have always been the JAZZ as long as I can remember. But I think I'ts time to start over, but I still hope they kick the kings a$$ [Tongue]-TIBBZZ-
[signature]
By far Stockton is my favorite. I have almost every card he has. The reason I think he is the best? He doesn't showboat, he doesn't brag about things he has done for the community.He just goes out there and gives all he has and he would give more if Sloan would let him.

The only time I ever saw him show alot of emotion was when he made that 3 pointer to beat Houston and the best thing about that shot was he made it over Charles Barkley.

To me Stockton shows the true meaning of sportsmanship. Just my opinion.
john havlicek, pistol pete maravich, and doug collins - the best!

oh maybe 'the big o' oscar robertson, bob cousy, and rick barry!

hahaaaa

sm
[signature]
If one leaves than you can count on Stockton, Malone and Sloan to retire. Theirs no reason for either of them to stick around and rebuild a team or play because they love the sport. I sure hope they don't do the Jordan thing. It ruined him as the best but he still knocks down the points.
[signature]
actually xman, the jazz dnt hold the record for most consecutive playoffs. true they are on 20 straight, but portland is there for the 21st straight year. just so ya know dude. im not tryin to rip ya'
[signature]
they even advertised it on the game tonight. most consecutive playoff appearances. either way pretty good for a mediocre team with a sub par budget for players i think.
[signature]
Stockton will be back next season. Malone and sloan will be back for the last season and they will go out together at home in Salt Lake. It's only fitting.

By the way they need to let DeShawn Stevenson play more often.
[signature]