Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond (report)
me and my boy's went to Redmond today.. we got there about 10:30 and fished tel about 5:30.. did not get any bass but the pike fishing was great!!.. my boy's started off by missing 4 in the first hour.. i was off look to see if i could find a bass or two.. no luck on the bass so my boy's asked me if i could help them get what ever keeps takeing there minnows off there lines.. so once i showed them that pike dont take the bubble down most the time that they just move it around alot.. they started geting in to it to.. we caught about 12 pike size 1lbs to 4lbs.. my boy's had a great time on there first pike fishing trip.. [Image: SORE9571CustomImage0019265.jpg]

[Image: SORE9571CustomImage0026472.jpg]

[Image: SORE9571CustomImage0037880.jpg]

from the fuzzyfisher----------------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Hey fuzzyfisher,
Nice fish.[Smile]Where is Redmond in reguards to the Salt lake area. I have never caught any pike yet, but they are my hit list for this year. What kind of setup did you use. [Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Nice Report, Fuzzy! I, like Predator, love those pictures. Looks like you and the boys kicked some butt on those pike. How did those 4 lbers fight? They put a bend on that rod and do a little tail dancing? Beautiful fish![/size][/font]
[signature]
Redmond is south of S.L.C. about 150 miles down old highway 89.. it is betwin gunnison and Salina.. we were useing anchoves with a big hook and a 18" 27lbs steel leder.. if you are going to bait fish for them you need the leders.. and put it under a big red and white bubble about 3 to 4 feet.. and watch the bubble close the pike some time will pick up the bait and just swim around with it so you have to wate tell they get it down in them a little befor you try and ripe there heads off by jerk as hard as you can to get the hook in there jaws of steel mouths.. than just hang on dude they fight good.. what ever you do if you get one dont put your finger or any part of you hand in there mouths that will end the trip there and then.. you might want to get down there soon when it gets warmer they get harder to get down there.. but then that is when there are comeing on in yuba and yuba has bigger pike then redmond. let me know if and when you are going and i can meet you there and show you where and how.

from the fuzzyfisher-------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
niiiice pike fuzzy

aquaman
[signature]
Remember to use jaw spreaders... then also remember to use 12 inch steel leaders. Use some nice silver mustad hooks, then the stinger double hook (treble) in the tail area, and then a anchovy will take in those pikes. If you use one hook, the pike will just bite the body of anchovy off, and get away with it.
[signature]
Nice fish. I also love to fish at redmond for pike and bass. sounds like you know how to get the pike also , how I hook them most of the time is by useing 2 9" steel leaders with 2 treb hooks hooked one in head and one in the tail I dont miss to many that way. love to use lures there also,must of the time I use spinnerbaits hoping fo a bass too.great place for a tube also or a small boat. if you take one of these go to the first island you come to and fish about 30 yardsnorth west of it. thats where I pull the biggest ones that I have got there. a 39" that was fat.but most are small but fun may be some time well have to meet down there and show each other what we know might even show my ballon trick from down there to get pike.
[signature]
i just use 1 steel leader and tie the monnow to the leader so if they try and get it off they have to take the whole thing in there mouth. and the size 2 treble hooks dont miss that much.. another way i have found that works good is to put two true turn worm hooks big as you can get put one going one way on the leader swivel and one going the other put 1 of the hooks up by the head and one down by the tale.. i know about the ballon trick to i have used that one out fishing for sharks and it work good to.. but have never tryed it at radmonds.. the best place i have bass fish there is on the west side by the farmhouse there are some springs right there in that bay.. but the farmer that lives there dont want pepole in there any more so the only way is to tube or small boat it.. i have to say this though that was the first time i had been there in 15 years i am glad to see it has not changed to much..

from the fuzzyfisher------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Nice report. Thank you for sharing.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]