Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
causey(report)
went to causey today. its about 6 feet from full. fished by the boy scout camp and everyone i seen was catching kokonees on worms, salmon eggs, mealworms. i was using a wedding ring spinner and caught a few and missed many more. a few trout were caught to mix it up also.

ps im new so if u see aguy with long hair and spikes in his lip thats me[Tongue] so give a holler
[signature]
Welcome to the site poorfisherman. Glad you some luck up their at Causey. I have never fished it when its open water, just through the ice.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Poorfisherman,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I was thinking that I might hit Causey this weekend. But I have been told that there are some boat/motor restrictions of some kind on that resevour. Can you ... or anyone ... enlighten me on those restrictions?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]PS ... Thanks for the report and welcome to the board.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey coot, you are fine. I think the motor restriction is seven hp or less.
[signature]
The problem is not so much the motor restriction it is the fact of launching the boat. There is no boat ramp or launch spot. You gotta throw it on your back and haul it down. That limits the majority of boat owners.

tightline
[signature]
I use to go to causey a lot when I had my 12 ft boat and the guys are right, no launch, it is also wakeless speed only. When the water is high, like it is now, it is not a problem. We would launch by the face of the dam or back by causey estates and carry the boat down to the water, with the boat empty, then carry all the stuff down, like the motor, gas, poles and what ever else you are taking. It isn't hard if your boat is empty but it's a hassle when the water in low. I also had a 14 footer the I use to carry down the dam but it was not a deep V, not more than 115 lbs. The scenery is awesome in the back bays and well worth the work to get your boat on the water. It is a little easier to launch by causey estates, try it you'll like it. WH2

PS . Good to have you on the board Poorfisherman.
[signature]
Dang, be nice to have a Yak about now. LMAO

Good Yakking, Kayote
[signature]
Old Coot--- should be ok on Causey with your boat. Well then again, do you need a swimmer to be there just in case??? J/K Did everything dry out ok from the disaster day??? I am hoping to get up there soon and catch some splake, browns and bows!!!
[signature]
Hey, Great report poorfisherman it sounds like Causey was a pretty good place to be. It sure made me want to head on up there.

Maybe I'll go this weekend if i don't go out to willard bay. I got a new recipe for catfish soup from a friend at work and I might want to catch some catfish to try that out.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!