Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix video
[Image: happy.gif][inline common_carp.jpg]
[left][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Just finished watching The Fly Rodder's Guide to Carp from Netflix. Quite an interesting video. Several facts that I didn’t know is that the carp is the # 1 game fish in Europe and that this species was introduced to the states from the other side of the pond. Carp can reach 50lbs and live 50 years. They are omnivorous feeding on both animal and vegetable substances. They also like to feed on Cotton Wood seeds and other forms of tree seeds. Additionally they are the largest member of the minnow family. Looks like I will need to tie some of the flies illustrated in the video and try my hand at catching a few [/size][/#008000][/font][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]of these characters.
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[left]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][signature][/size][/#008000][/font]
Just ordered it....right on!
[signature]
Netflix is cool. They have a selection of videos that you can also watch while waiting for the mail to arrive.

It just runs on a streaming download.[cool]

I guess I should show you some of the nice Carp in Bishop sometime.[Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Once the weather returns to a normal temperture I'm heading back up to Bishop Creek. There are some good size trout up there at Weir Lake [pond] that are waiting for me. Are you game?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Sounds good to me. I'm headed up there for my Labor Day stomping session.

We got weathered out for memorial day so I have to make up for it this time.

Give me a holler when you are ready.[cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][pirate]Won't the temps still be a bit much to handle?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
You could always head over the the "H". That is where we will be for the Labor Day weekend.
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]NetFlix said that they receive the video from me yesterday. If you were first on the list you should probably have it by tomorrow.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I already got it. It is Fantastic. I tied up his favorite fly and tried it today. Sadly, they refused and went for the Popcorn Ball, but I want to try it on the
Lab size Carp in Idaho this weekend.[bobWink]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Glad to hear that you had received it already. BTW which fly was his favorite?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center]
[signature]
It was the first one with the rust color tail and rust color dubbing with Peacock over wing and Hen hackle wings.

You know you are a hooked tier, when you find a new pattern and you actually have all the material to tie it.[shocked]
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Believe that one is called a Clouser Swimming Nymph. Looks like I'm hooked [Image: bobwink.gif]too for likewise I have the makings on hand. Hey isn't MacFly due back today?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
GAWD I missed little bro. I am heading to Idaho for the weekend so not guaranteeing any computer time.
So give MacFly a hug and a welcome back for me.
[signature]