Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chit Chat
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]What would all think about adding a chit & chat board to cover non-fishing related chatter? [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I was thinking the same thing earlier.. I like that idea.. what do you think we should call it.. ??

MacFly
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][:p]Duh - Chit Chat.[Image: sleeping.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Utah forum has an off-topic section, and it does pretty well.

I've been wanting a "live"/real-time chat room! I made one, but it hasn't been visited as far as I know (of course, I got really busy with this stupid "reality" thing for a month or so, and wasn't in it myself).

I'ma put the link, if anybody cares for it
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/General_Discussion_C1/Advertisers_%26_Fishing_Related_Spam_F75/gforum.cgi?post=420554;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed"]chat room[/url]
And then of course the mods can delete it, if it's not proper forum etiquette to do this (but it's a chat room just for us BFTers, so I figure it's okay)
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/General_Discussion_C1/Advertisers_%26_Fishing_Related_Spam_F75/gforum.cgi?post=420554;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed"][/url]
[signature]
oh heck..I was hoping for something like.. back at the watering hole.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Well that is rather cute. Any more suggestions from our chit chatters?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there Vivid_Dawn, unless I'm mistaken there use to be a link to a BFT chat room before the major overhaul. Don't know whether the BFT gets credit for chat room activity for after all it is the bottom line that keeps the show going.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
That sounds like a good idea. That would help us to concentrate the authenticative strategies to their coresponding confinements.[cool]
[signature]
HUH?????? [sly]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hey there TN2 are you saying that we should name the new board "strategy meeting in progress for non-believers"[Image: dumb.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
we could always just call it...

"et cetera, et cetera, et cetera !"

MacFly [cool]

[signature]
Oh I know, there used to be... but I still want one!
Not trying to take any credit. Just want another source for fishin' talk...I'm greedy [sly] The chat has a link back to the forums, since the rules say any outside source needs to have a link.
[signature]
[center][Image: happy.gif]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Here are a few suggestions:[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]Chat Room[/#008000][/font][/size]
[center][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]Chit Chat[/#008000][/font][/size]
[center][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]Et Cetera[/#008000][/font][/size]
[center][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]Gossip Board[/#008000][/font][/size]
[center][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]Pot Belly Talk[/#008000][/font][/size]
[center][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]Taking a Break[/#008000][/font][/size]
[center][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]The Watering Hole[/#008000][/font][/size]
[center][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]Time Out[/#008000][/font][/size]
[center][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]Blah Blah Blah[/#008000][/font][/size]

[center]
[center]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Anymore more thoughts?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Here is mine:

Blah, Blah, Blah[laugh]

Or in the music business a little play on a song"What's that BUG, tell me what's happening" You know, from Jesus Christ Superstar
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][cool]Well if we are going to use something from the movies how about-[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center]Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
[signature]
All those names sound good.

The "Watering hole" sounds good although that one is used amongst golfers. Golfers also call it the 19th hole while trying to keep it Golf related.

I have a suggestion and it is only a suggestion.

Since us fly tying and flinging people do use a vise, what if we called the board "Off the vise" with implications that it is not directly related to FF but still holds a piece of FF in it's heart.[cool]

2 cents worth......Hell, take a nickel. Gas has gone up![pirate]
[signature]
you trying to one up me here bro.. LOL>. good suggestions.. voting should be hard on this one..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Doesn't off the vise have a double meaning?[Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
In a FF context it can mean a couple different things.

It can also mean something else in normal life too.

I only threw it out as a suggestion.[cool]
[signature]
how about "at the vise".. like we were all sitting around chatting about what is going on while watching a pro tyer do their magic "at the vise"..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]