Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T.S. Barry
Tropical Storm Barry has put a damper on the fishing. Not on the biteing just the fishing. Those who did go out found the weather unexpectedly calm and the fish fairly receptive. The weather reports have kept the fisherman at bay but not the fish.<br><br>The bass master classic is history and VanDam has taken first place. The weights are way down from the last bass master classic held at the same location. Many are blaming the weather. I don't think the weather had anything to do with it. After all the fishing was tough during the prefish days also. I believe the bass fishing throught out almost the entire Southern half of the state is poor due to a bass killing bacteria (or was it a virus). Everyone that I have talked to has said the same thing. The bass are less frequent than before and the big bass are especially hard to catch. My favorite spot has not produced 1/3 of the fish that it normally has. Our worst trips ever have all come from this year. Something is up and its wide spread. I believe it is the bass killing bacteria that made their appearace know earlier this year.<br><br>omegaman66<br><A HREF="mailto: omegaman66@home.com"> omegaman66@home.com</A> <br>