Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix movie
I rented Jindabyne off netflix, but I see it is on Starz right now. Kind of a messed up movie, but a great fly fishing section in it.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Here is the story line:[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Jindabyne revolves around four men who embark on a weekend fishing-trip, more of an annual ritual where they separate themselves from their wives and lives, hiking deep into the mountains. Shortly after arriving Stewart (Byrne) finds the body of an Aboriginal girl, stripped naked and floating in the river. The four make a telling decision: rather than hike back to report their find they keep fishing; the girl's body is left in the river where the cold water will slow decomposition; they tether it to a tree to prevent it floating downstream and into rapids. That the four think little about the moral implications of their conscious choice is reflected in subsequent scenes where they fish happily, not discussing their find or speculating about what happened to the girl. On returning, the callousness of their delay in reporting their find divides their families and their communities. Most of the focus is on Stewart's relationship with his wife Claire as the incident opens up existing fractures in their relationship. In fact the whole affair makes you wonder if any of the characters involved was ever truly happy; they certainly wonder it themselves.

[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
sounds like my kind of movie.. fly fishing.. suspense, fly fishing, messed up relationships, fly fishing.. :-)...

anyone got a copy they want to loan me?? [Smile]

.. not trying hijacke here and I can post elsewhere .. but have any of you read the book Sex, Death, and Fly Fishing?... I got a free copy of it and have not read a word yet..

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: confused.gif]Interesting title. Does it flow in the same order as it was text-ed - Sex, Death, and Fly Fishing?[Image: surprised.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Why don't you send that book my way. I can read it and explain it to you.

I don't have experience with death but I can give you a good summary on the rest of the book![:p]

Does that book have anything to do with the lifecycle of the Salmon?? I want to make sure that I'm understanding some G rated materials here as opposed to acquiesently degenerate implications.[shocked][pirate]
[signature]
[Image: huh.jpg]
[signature]
I am not sure.. have not read it yet..LOL. it was written by John Gierach....had intentions of doing that while on vacation but my wife had other ideas as to what was relaxing.. like rearranging furniture..cleaning out closets..etc.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
LOL... big words there bro.. but since I have not read it I cant tell ya what its about.. but yes.. that is the title.. LOL.. maybe thats what caught my eye.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
here is a review of the book from amazon.com.. the review is from some library (not the one I work in.. lol).

"From Library Journal

The provocative title refers to the opening essay, which deals knowledgeably and humorously with the hatching and mating of short-lived mayflies, and how this phenomenon relates to fishing. Gierach offers plenty of sensible advice, observations, and anecdotes in this 18-essay collection that spans such diverse topics as the dangers of being considered an expert, the pleasures of fly-fishing for unprestigious game fish, and strategies for acquiring fly-tying materials. Western trout streams are a favorite setting, and preservation of nat ural habitats is a frequent theme. Outdoors' enthusiasts will enjoy these casual discourses. "
[signature]
[quote Dryrod][.img][url "http://www.healthbolt.net/...h.jpg[/img][/quote]"]http://www.healthbolt.net/...h.jpg[/img][/quote][/url]

That reminds me of a good joke. ha ha since this is an off topic board, you asked for it.

It goes like this:

Two rednecks decided that they weren’t going anywhere in life and thought they should go to college to get ahead. The first goes in to see the counselor, who tells him to take Math, History, and Logic.

“What’s logic?” the first redneck asks.

The professor answers by saying, “Let me give you an example. Do you own a weedeater?”

“I sure do.”

“Then I can assume, using logic, that you have a yard,” replied the professor.

“That’s real good!” says the redneck.

The professor continues, “Logic will also tell me that since you have a yard, you also own a house.”

Impressed, the redneck says, “Amazin!”
“And since you own a house, logic dictates that you have a wife.”

“That’s Betty Mae! This is incredible!”

The redneck is obviously catching on.
“Finally, since you have a wife, logically I can assume that you are heterosexual,” said the professor.

“You’re absolutely right! Why that’s the most fascinatin’ thing I ever heard! I cain’t wait to take that logic class!!”

The redneck, proud of the new world opening up to him, walks back into the hallway, where his friend is still waiting.

“So what classes are ya takin’?” asks the friend.

“Math, History, and Logic!” replies the first redneck.

“What in tarnation is logic???” asked his friend.

“Let me give you an example. Do ya own a weedeater?”
asked the first redneck.

“No,” his friend replied.

“You’s a gol dern queer, ain’t ya?”

LOL[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
what was that line from "An Officer and a Gentleman"...

something like this..

"Where ya from boy?" .. Oklahoma sir.. "

"Oklahoma !.. the only things that come out of Oklahoma is steers and queers.. and I dont see no horns on your head.. "

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Speaking of books, check out one called Kurplunk. Awesome everyday things that people can relate to.
[signature]