Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weir Lake
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][inline "Weir Lake 1.jpg"][Image: happy.gif]Was checking on the weather in the mountains above Bishop and came across this photo of a guy fishing Weir Lake. Ironically that is the same lake that I had good success in back in May. In fact he is fishing in the exact spot I was wading. The red line indicates where the fish were lining up to be caught. As you get closer to the marsh the water is about waist deep. Guess that I will have to wait until the end of September for the temps to be a bit more comfortable for the fish & me too.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
AWESOME!!

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Now that's beautiful, I've done a lot of backpacking out of Whitney Portal and Mammoth Lakes when I was a kid and remember all the great fishing in that area well, thanks for posting the pic Dryrod, brings back very fond memories.

Here's a pic looking west from just below Mt Whitney peak, I remember this sign, 13,900 something feet, I think Whitney summit is 14,442 Guitar Lake is in the foreground and the canyons you see are the headwaters of the Kern, there is absolutely nothing for approx 100 miles through this area of the Sierras until almost Fresno !! unreal trout fishing.

[inline whitney9.jpg]
BFS [fishin]
[signature]
now that is solitutde at its best! an amazing pic!
[signature]
Was an amazing place for sure [Smile] .

We were around 15 years old and packed from General Sherman tree to Whitney Portal, so that was end of trip.

My friend Brad didn't want to make Whitney summit on a day like that pic was taken on lol, so we didn't. Was only around half a mile from the sign [:/] .

Still see what seemed like from Mexico to Utah to ...

Serious view !!

BFS [fishin]
[signature]