Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Fish-N-Feed Dinner ... 3rd Attempt .........
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Well, Fish-4-Food and I are going to try a Willard Fish-N-Feed one more time. They say that "the 3rd time's a charm".[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Yes, you are each invited to the third try for a Northern Utah BFT get-together. Here are the details (similar (but not the same)to the last one):[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Where: Willard Bay - - North Marina ... I will be trying to set up at the picnic site right up the little hill from the boat docks. In fact, for those of you who will be launching your boats, it will be VERY hard to miss us. We will be just a little east of the launch area. While your are launching, PLEASE stop by the kitchen and say HI.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]To get there, take I-15 north of Ogden to the Willard exit 360 (this is the exit with the Flying-J). Follow the signs to Willard Bay. After passing through the fee station, just follow the signs to the boat launch area. I'll be there real early to grab a couple of the small picnic sites. Just look for all the Dutch ovens (or a BFT banner if I can get one). [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]When: Saturday, May 31, 2003. Dinner will be served at 1:00 P.M. We figured that if dinner was at 1:00, you could get some good fishing in before and/or after dinner.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Cost: Adults $6.00 per person ... well fed, and a child's portion is $3.00. This does not include entrance fees to get into the park. Park entrance fees are $9.00 per vehicle.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Several of you have already paid me for the last time. I still have your money and checks. I will contact each of you (PM or otherwise) and ask you if you want me to put your money towards this new dinner.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2] So that I will know how much food to prepare and to have money to purchase the groceries and supplies, I am asking that everyone [#0000ff]pay in advance[/#0000ff]. Please [#ff0000]send checks or money orders payable to "Old Coot", P.O. Box 106, Clearfield, Utah, 84089[/#ff0000]. Make sure you include a note with your name (and/or nick-name), how many in your party, and how many adult dinners and how many child dinners you are paying for. I'll keep a good list of what everyone paid for.
Payment must be received by May 27th. There will be no refunds after the 27th.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Menu: "Slightly Cajun" barbecued chicken, Western Calico Beans (a BIG favorite), Cheesy Dutch Oven Potatoes, dinner rolls, and cream topped Blue berry or Apple Crisp for desert.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Paper plates and utensils will be provided so you won't have to bring your own. Even though we will have cups and ice water there for you, you may want to bring your own favorite drinks.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Who is invited? ... Even though I am putting the dinner on in the name of the Utah BFT message board and am hoping to see as many registered members there as possible, friends and relatives are also very welcome. Just make sure I get your party's payment in advance.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]What to bring: Because we will just be in a couple of the small 2-table picnic sites, you'll need to bring your own lawn chairs (or you can sit on the lawn). Bring money to pay for your entrance fees (unless you have a season pass). If drinking ice water isn't your preference, bring your own favorite drinks.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]So come join us for a great Dutch Oven Dinner at Willard. It'll be a great chance to get acquainted with other members of the BFT board and do some wiper fishin ta-boot! [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font]
[signature]
ATTA BOY OLD COOT!!!!! May 31st looks good so far. I hope to see ya there!
[signature]
I don't know OLD COOT don't you think you should wait til the middle of summer when we are praying for a storm to roll in.HA HA HA HA.I might be able to attend I will let you know. I am glad you are still trying to get everyone together for food and conversation, and fishing.
[signature]
I'm there my friend, use the check I sent you. The wife and I are looking forward to round 3. Now all we have to do is convince Mother nature to play nice. I want to thank you for not giving up and for all of the hard work you and Fish-4-Food will be doing and have done already. WH2
[signature]
I'm glad your giving it another shot old coot, hopefully mother nature is a little kinder this time, I will try and make it, I am scheduled to work untill 3pm that day, I'll try and get it off.
[signature]
I am going to send my money this week, but I am thinking of sacraficing and going out of state, cause it seems this year where ever I go it rains or bad weather. So leaving the state, would ensure a good time for everyone else. But I am going to chance my luck, sorry everyone!!!
[signature]
I would love to come and still might try to make it but that is the weekend of memorial and so that lake is going to b packed packed packed. Something to think about when your fishig or trying to nail skiers.

:}
[signature]
Check your calendar, memorial weekend is the 24-26!!!! So we will see you up there FFM???? Or are you tagging along with me and Danny????
[signature]
Alright I was kinda wondering but my buddys here at work was saying it was the next one.

I will have to see if I can make it still. I will let you and Danil know. I hope to make.

Might have to bring my son and hope to get into some whippers

[sly]
[signature]
I'll be there. should I bring my rope? Just kidding. I'll get my check in the mail asap. DZ
[signature]
*makes mental note to call in bomb threat into work*

hahah, I'll try my hardest to make it.
[signature]
Old Coot, I must tip my hat to you; you do persevere, [Smile]
I hate to say it, but my job is flying me back to South Carolina (Mertal Beech area) to get some training on a New
$1,000,000 CNC machine, and I leave that morning and will be gone for most of the week. [crazy] Dang it, I'm shore to miss out on some really great food,and fishing! Oh well thats life. I'm sure the weather will be great, because 3rd time's LUCKY.[Smile]
[signature]
access-denied came up with a good idea, I called in a bomb threat for that day and got the day off!! count me in Coot I'll be there for sure, money is on the way.....
[signature]
Count me in again and hold on to the money
[signature]
Count me in and keep my money.
[signature]
[Smile][font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hey old Coot buddy, I just knew that you wouldn't let us down. I believe that it will work out this time. Way to go bud. I will be there use my money.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Friends,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]All your responses are great. I was telling Mrs. Coot about all the positive feed back and how amazed I am that folks would actually go up there a third time /try. Only fishermen types would try again that may times. She just laughed and said "I wonder if it is a coincidince that there are fish near by the dinner ...". And there, all this time, I was thinking it was my cooking.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Those of you who will be attending and haven't paid yet, please send me your money. All the instructions are in the top first post of this thread. There's still a bit of time left but don't wait till the last minute.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Thanks,[/size][/font]
[signature]
Count me in for the original 3. I may be even camped out there this time!!
[signature]
Oh man, sorry Ol'Coot. Again, I'm in tournment again[Sad]
[signature]
Hey Coot ya can count on Road and FB2, maybe his arm will be better by then.
[signature]